Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pauer Tuning/ Wastegates

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the replies, only issue I seem to have is getting a consistant boost setting, sometimes a little low, other times a little high in spite of similar weather conditions, I wonder if the dual port would sort this out ?.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Single vs Dual port mode should not make a difference in how peak boost is held, main purpose of dual port is to close the wastegate more quickly when releasing the throttle while upchanging gears, so that the turbo reloads as fast as possible when flooring the throttle again in the next gear.

I used an as new, 3mm shimmed factory wastegate just before moving to the Tial in single port mode with a 1.0 bar (blue) spring, I couldn't feel or see any difference.

The dual port mode allows the use of an EBC to adjust "boost ramp", which I don't think is possible in single port mode.

blade7, what do you control boost with?

Last edited by Thom; 04-14-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM
blade7
Drifting

Originally Posted by Thom
Single vs Dual port mode should not make a difference in how peak boost is held, its main purpose is to close the wastegate more quickly when releasing the throttle while upchanging gears, so that the turbo reloads as fast as possible when flooring the throttle again in the next gear.

I used an as new, 3mm shimmed factory wastegate just before moving to the Tial in single port mode with a 1.0 bar (blue) spring, I couldn't feel or see any difference.

The dual port mode allows the use of an EBC to adjust "boost ramp", which I don't think is possible in single port mode.

blade7, what do you control boost with?
Hello Thom, I'm controlling boost with a Lindsey MBC on a 1991 car with standard turbo, despite several attempts I don't seem to get the consistant 18 psi max I'm looking for, I can set the MBC to 18 psi one day and usually the next time I use the car it's boosting to 20 psi, if I adjust that back to 18 psi the next day it's usually boosting to only 15 psi, maybe I'm expecting too much control from the standard wastegate and MBC ?.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Well yes, are you sure the original wastegate still works correctly?

If not I would suggest a Tial 38mm with adapter plates from Pauertuning
Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 PM
blade7
Drifting

Originally Posted by Thom
Well yes, are you sure the original wastegate still works correctly?

If not I would suggest a Tial 38mm with adapter plates from Pauertuning
I'm not too sure, seem to get full boost just after 3k and no problem holding whatever I set it to initially, which is why I hadn't gone to a dual port yet, it's just the inconsistency from day to day, 15 psi and 20 psi seem fine between isn't despite minute adjustment on the MBC.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ a lot for Pauer tuning

You can run in single port with an EBC no problem, dual port's used to keep the wastegate shut at high boost around 19-20+ I belive

Old 04-15-2011, 01:28 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Vic is a great guy, and provides great service. I have his kit as well, but modified with Stage 8 locking fasteners. Posted pics about a month ago if you want to take a look. It made a huge difference, from my shimmed stock gate. Total different car, rock solid boost.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
blade7
Drifting

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
Vic is a great guy, and provides great service. I have his kit as well, but modified with Stage 8 locking fasteners. Posted pics about a month ago if you want to take a look. It made a huge difference, from my shimmed stock gate. Total different car, rock solid boost.
A good option, just a pity there's a 30% premium for me to import it.

Quick Reply: Pauer Tuning/ Wastegates