Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by reno808
why?
Wrong place. As you can see it turned the thread away from its intended purpose and the OP had to ask to stay on topic. I guess it's one of those things that if you have to ask why, maybe you should just refrain...
Old 02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Wrong place. As you can see it turned the thread away from its intended purpose and the OP had to ask to stay on topic. I guess it's one of those things that if you have to ask why, maybe you should just refrain...
I've yet to see a single thread on any forum ever remain 100% how the OP intended it. That is the nature of the beast. Were I to create a thread with the sole purpose of saying what I said it'd be construed as rather negative criticism towards John and that was not my intention. All my response did was enable him to resolve an issue and answer a question that, believe it or not, other people besides myself might have been wondering.
It isn't what a company does right when everything is peachy keen that defines them. It's what they do when things go wrong (albeit this wasn't very wrong, but I think you get the drift)
Also, this tangent would have ended once John was kind enough to respond if no one else said anything, so I have to wonder who really causes it to go adrift.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DDP
Rennlist is too policed for my liking and the only people it's hurting is the users. Sometimes the truth is held in because it might hurt the reputation of a paying vendor. That's ridiculous. We're not here for the vendors, they're here for us.
Everyone is welcomed to the views, I agree. However, when it crosses the line and it clearly becomes vendor bashing by Members (this didnt happen in this thread but many others), and I won't name any Members names, that is clearly against the RL rules, period. Keep that in mind.

Anyway John, your products and support are second to none. Thanks again for all that you do.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 PM
pudges951
Racer

Originally Posted by 951_RS

Carry on... my bad.

No bad at all, I'm glad you brought that up and he answered you so both sides were understood. I just don't think everyone else needs to keep on that subject when i just started the thread to show my appreciation for his service and products. No hard feelings rs....
Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
pudges951
Racer

Originally Posted by DDP
I think it's important to allow everyone to give their opinion. Whether it agrees with your thread or not. This is the point of a forum. If he isn't going off topic, he should say what he thinks. If we're not allowed to voice our opinion (in a friendly manner) why even have a forum? Rennlist is too policed for my liking and the only people it's hurting is the users. Sometimes the truth is held in because it might hurt the reputation of a paying vendor. That's ridiculous. We're not here for the vendors, they're here for us. This post is not targeted at John or his products, it's just something that has been bothering me for sometime. This thread sparked it.

Derek,
I wasn't bashing Rs at all, he explained his side and John explained his side, and I thought that was sufficient. I just didn't want it to stray into a bashing thread when it was started as a praise thread to begin with. That's all.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 AM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

If it wasn't for RS951 and Vitesse's posts, I almost thought that I mistakenly went to a women's basket weaving forum.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 951_RS
I've yet to see a single thread on any forum ever remain 100% how the OP intended it. That is the nature of the beast. Were I to create a thread with the sole purpose of saying what I said it'd be construed as rather negative criticism towards John and that was not my intention. All my response did was enable him to resolve an issue and answer a question that, believe it or not, other people besides myself might have been wondering.
It isn't what a company does right when everything is peachy keen that defines them. It's what they do when things go wrong (albeit this wasn't very wrong, but I think you get the drift)
Also, this tangent would have ended once John was kind enough to respond if no one else said anything, so I have to wonder who really causes it to go adrift.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
If it wasn't for RS951 and Vitesse's posts, I almost thought that I mistakenly went to a women's basket weaving forum.
LOL
Old 02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Actually no i think its the right place. He expressing his experience he was not making up the thing and was not off topic. He was the John V and product topic. John V didnt seem to mind.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:30 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

I also requested John to buy his software. I had purchased a New APE MAF kit and my car was running lean. He stated that he rather not do it. I understood right away. I was lucky that another Tuner(No mentioning names since the thread is Praises to John Vitessse). We have to recognize peoples work, and I think John deserves it for his work.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I must say some sections of the Vitesse instruction sheets leave to be desired. There are things you can do with the PB that are not mentioned in the sheets and actually do the whole value of the kit, and I don't understand why it's not mentioned right away.
I'm probably being picky here as my work partly involves dealing with a lot of different datas held on different platforms that must be able to be found in the blink of an eye, so take this comment with a grain of salt. You are also welcome to say a frenchman is never going to understand properly an instruction sheet in english anyway

That goes without saying Vitesse products and support are very good and I would definitely purchase from them again.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thom
I must say some sections of the Vitesse instruction sheets leave to be desired. There are things you can do with the PB that are not mentioned in the sheets and actually do the whole value of the kit, and I don't understand why it's not mentioned right away.
I'm probably being picky here as my work partly involves dealing with a lot of different datas held on different platforms that must be able to be found in the blink of an eye, so take this comment with a grain of salt. You are also welcome to say a frenchman is never going to understand properly an instruction sheet in english anyway

That goes without saying Vitesse products and support are very good and I would definitely purchase from them again.
There are many things I could say about a French man, yet I restrain myself
I kid I kid...
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

I've contacted John about making a chip for my APE MAF as well. I think we can start a poll on here of how many people with APE MAF have contacted John about making them a chip and see one reason why he doesn't support other manufacturer's products.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I like repeat business, glad to see you as one of them.
Documentations can always be improved, pick any document, someone somewhere can find a way to make it better. Ask any engineer how they feel about writing documents, 99.9% will give you the same answer, some will even give you the finger LOL.
Of course if you have something specific in mind, drop me a note, I'll be glad to take it into consideration. Just don't ask me to write the instructions in French .
I agree with you, there are many features to the PB. If I'm to go into details on how it all performs, many will get tangled up in the details and forget the main purpose. Besides, if you know everything, no one will email me with questions. What sort of fun is that?

Originally Posted by Thom

Old 02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

There are many reasons not to support something. APE used various MAF sensors (all look the same, however the MAF curve differs between them). Add to it, some of their MAF were tweaked, what used to be called "S/C", yes it was for supercharged. That was in the old days prior to the MAF manufacturer they used went out of business. Now there is a new manufacturer, yet with different MAF characteristics.
As you can already tell, the MAF sensor in use is a moving target. Others burned a chip to people on this forum, do a search and see the complaints.
I don't like guess work! I can easily send you multiple images to support all the APE MAF sensors I know of. This requires you do some legwork to figure out which image matches the MAF you have. Well, this is no longer a plug-and-play solution, and contradict our tuning philosophy. It doesn't matter how much we warn you about the risk involved when experimenting with the various images, if you blow something up, we will be blamed. At to this the cost of the software, and some will complain about it.
Yes I can reprogram your APE or whoever chip, however I know of some areas in the software that must be addressed. I have no interest in fixing someone else's software.

I used APE as a example here. We get asked to provide software to MAF sensors purchased from other vendors. The answer is always no!
(with 3 people getting a no response here, hope you realize it's not personal).

Once again "no business is better than bad business". Others may feel otherwise, it's their business. If you want genuine MAF software for a draw through or a blow through MAF, we offer complete solutions.

Originally Posted by odb812
I've contacted John about making a chip for my APE MAF as well. I think we can start a poll on here of how many people with APE MAF have contacted John about making them a chip and see one reason why he doesn't support other manufacturer's products.

Quick Reply: Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!