Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
pudges951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!

First off, may I say that customer service the level of what John delivers is unheard of nowadays in any market. No matter when you shoot him an email, you will have a response that day, if not almost instantly. Customer service alone puts him ahead of a lot of other vendors but his products are awesome as well.

I installed his MAF and chipboard to match up with my setup(listed in sig) With the MAF set up that was on the car when I bought it you could get second gear to chirp the tires a little scratching for traction..... With the Vitesse setup I cannot keep traction if I get into boost in second gear. The car is a completely different animal with the Vitesse MAF.

I just want to say that if anyone is even considering getting a new MAF and software that Vitesse is the first and last place you need to look, my car idles perfectly and spools faster than it did before. Now I just need a lsd to try and cure the traction problems, but those are good problems to have in my opinion. I can't wait to get the car on a dyno this spring to see what the numbers look like.

I just wanted to share my Vitesse story, I will get some pics of the car and set up on here as soon as it quits snowing in PA.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:27 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pudges951
First off, may I say that customer service the level of what John delivers is unheard of nowadays in any market. No matter when you shoot him an email, you will have a response that day, if not almost instantly. Customer service alone puts him ahead of a lot of other vendors but his products are awesome as well.

I installed his MAF and chipboard to match up with my setup(listed in sig) With the MAF set up that was on the car when I bought it you could get second gear to chirp the tires a little scratching for traction..... With the Vitesse setup I cannot keep traction if I get into boost in second gear. The car is a completely different animal with the Vitesse MAF.

I just want to say that if anyone is even considering getting a new MAF and software that Vitesse is the first and last place you need to look, my car idles perfectly and spools faster than it did before. Now I just need a lsd to try and cure the traction problems, but those are good problems to have in my opinion. I can't wait to get the car on a dyno this spring to see what the numbers look like.

I just wanted to share my Vitesse story, I will get some pics of the car and set up on here as soon as it quits snowing in PA.
And to think, not so long ago you were thinking about parting this car out...

Good stuff...
Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 PM
pudges951
Racer

HAHA thanks to you John I hung in there and kept trying, which is good now, because the car just became my temporary daily driver.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:46 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

HAHA thanks to you John I hung in there and kept trying, which is good now, because the car just became my temporary daily driver.
Coulda been a Hyundai or Kia....

It is a tough life driving a 951 every day... I was until I parked her because of an annoying oil leak that was getting worse, oh and the alternator blew... Now she is sitting waiting for a little warmer weather for the motor to come out...

Again, good stuff... enjoy her...
Old 02-14-2010, 09:50 PM
pudges951
Racer

Yeah there is no way I would drive either of those two cars... haha As soon as a get my cummins sold I am gettin another truck to daily drive, the streets in the town here where I live are still covered with ice so it's a little tough going with the 951.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:20 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Yeah there is no way I would drive either of those two cars... haha As soon as a get my cummins sold I am gettin another truck to daily drive, the streets in the town here where I live are still covered with ice so it's a little tough going with the 951.
I feel ya, my cold weather DD is an Audi TT with Quattro AWD...
Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear the positive feedback. I'm sure I will be using John's services soon.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:45 AM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Johns products are the best bolt ons you can get for the 951 period.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 AM
brrgrr
Racer

What was your "Old MAF" setup ?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

John who?....
Old 02-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

His stuff is pretty nice...
Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
pudges951
Racer

Originally Posted by brrgrr
What was your "Old MAF" setup ?
The car had a Lindsey stage 2 maf and power perfect piggyback when I got it with 55lb injectors and had idleing issues to say the least. I think it would have been extremely tough to get it to idle with the 83lb injectors. So, I sold that and was thinking about parting the car out when mr koawood, lol offered up some injectors he had and pointed me in the direction of a huntely maf as a cheap way to just get the car running(at that point I was still thinking about selling it once I got it running). With that set up I could not get the car to idle at all cold(very very rich). Finally I got frustrated enough to order up the Vitesse MAF and I could not be happier so far, Like I said the car feels like a brand new car, the power is just unbelievable.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:05 PM
brrgrr
Racer

I have the LR MAF II with the Mafterburner Piggyback and my car idles perfectly. I have 65 lb injectors - I'm curious why the HUGE injectors (83 lb) -
Unless you are running 35+ lbs of boost.... aren't they way overkill ?

I guess that brings up a question for John Vitesse - why do you recommend the 83 lb injectors with your Stage II kit ? They seem to be way oversized for the horsepower range (320 - 350 rwhp) ???? No question that your stuff works, I am just curious what the reasoning is behind it.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:22 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Thank you for the positive feedback and the kind words. I'm glad you like the product, now enjoy your car for a long time.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:22 PM
pudges951
Racer

Yeah I don't know what was up with the car, but all I changed was the MAF and chipset and now she runs perfect. I got the 83lbers because I got them for a steal of a deal, plus if I wanna go bigger I already have the injectors to support the turbo.

Quick Reply: Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!