Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by brrgrr
I have the LR MAF II with the Mafterburner Piggyback and my car idles perfectly. I have 65 lb injectors - I'm curious why the HUGE injectors (83 lb) -
Unless you are running 35+ lbs of boost.... aren't they way overkill ?

I guess that brings up a question for John Vitesse - why do you recommend the 83 lb injectors with your Stage II kit ? They seem to be way oversized for the horsepower range (320 - 350 rwhp) ???? No question that your stuff works, I am just curious what the reasoning is behind it.
We use the 83# or even larger ones so you will never outgrow them. With our software there is no disadvantage for using the larger injectors. However there are many advantages:
- With large injectors we run a lower injectors duty cycle resulting in a cooler DME.
- You will not outgrow the injectors as they are able to support whatever you throw at them (we can go larger if you need it ). We have 951s running 95# injectors and soon even larger ones.
- Large injectors are a must for E85.

FYI - The Stage 2 will put down 400rwhp. We rated it at 300-320 @ 1bar boost. So to support the top end of the power spectrum, large injectors are needed.

Basically with our software you get the crisp response of the smaller injectors and the performance of the large injectors. It's a win-win.

Last edited by fast951; 02-16-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
pudges951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John, I can't wait till the weather breaks
Old 02-15-2010, 06:33 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pudges951
Thanks John, I can't wait till the weather breaks
You are welcome.
Can't help you with the weather, we even had snow in Atlanta...
Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM
pudges951
Racer

I heard that, I bet two inches in atlanta is like the 24 we had here...
Old 02-15-2010, 08:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pudges951
With the Vitesse setup I cannot keep traction if I get into boost in second gear. The car is a completely different animal with the Vitesse MAF.
Congrats! We hear these stores all the time from happy customers like yourself. Thanks for sharing and when you can, hit the dyno.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:47 PM
pudges951
Racer

No problem at all, too many times we hear the negative about vendors, it's nice to have some positve experiences as well. As soon as there is a local dyno day I will be sure and get the car on the dyno, there is a local company that has an AWD mustang dyno so i'm going to give them a call.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 PM
brrgrr
Racer

Thanks for the reply and explanation, John.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your staying motronic. John is the best in the business. Period!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:01 AM
pudges951
Racer

So far with what I have seen with my own car I couldn't agree more.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I must say, Johns customer service is top notch. I can call him whenever (with-in reason) and he's always willing to chat.

Dealing with him and Chris during my engine build has made things a lot easier!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Chris who? LOL

I'm another satisfied Vitesse customer. His products have always exceeded my expectations and I've never found better customer service.

Regards,
Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 AM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

I've always had good experiences with John as well.
I bought a MAF kit from him a few years ago and ended up selling it to CarbonRevo. My only qualm was that he wouldn't sell me a maf chip for my LR maf that I later bought, though it is listed on the website that they do that.
I did already shell out the money for a brand new Vitesse MAF, yet because I sold it, Carbon get's the customer support and I do not.
I realize he doesn't want to support a competitors product, but it's not as if I bought a LR MAF instead of his and then tried to use a Vitesse chip for it. I did purchase a Vitesse MAF, I just also purchased a used LR one.
So on one hand I see that he does not want his product used in conjunction with other hardware in case it isn't set up correctly or so that he doesn't lose sales on his MAF kit, or what have you. Still though, if you've purchased the MAF kit wouldn't you also have been able to get a new chip set by itself later? Would I have been better off lying to him saying I still had his MAF to be able to get a new chip for larger injectors or what?
Don't mistake me as irate, I'm definitely not. He does respond the same day you email him, he does have wonderful products (hell, that's the only reason I'm writing this is I wanted his MAF chipboard and I can't get it)
I guess I feel like I'm denied a great product just because I couldn't afford two brand new MAFs from the same company.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 951_RS
I bought a MAF kit from him a few years ago and ended up selling it to CarbonRevo. My only qualm was that he wouldn't sell me a maf chip for my LR maf that I later bought, though it is listed on the website that they do that.
I did already shell out the money for a brand new Vitesse MAF, yet because I sold it, Carbon get's the customer support and I do not.
I realize he doesn't want to support a competitors product, but it's not as if I bought a LR MAF instead of his and then tried to use a Vitesse chip for it. I did purchase a Vitesse MAF, I just also purchased a used LR one.
So on one hand I see that he does not want his product used in conjunction with other hardware in case it isn't set up correctly or so that he doesn't lose sales on his MAF kit, or what have you. Still though, if you've purchased the MAF kit wouldn't you also have been able to get a new chip set by itself later? Would I have been better off lying to him saying I still had his MAF to be able to get a new chip for larger injectors or what?
Don't mistake me as irate, I'm definitely not. He does respond the same day you email him, he does have wonderful products (hell, that's the only reason I'm writing this is I wanted his MAF chipboard and I can't get it)
I guess I feel like I'm denied a great product just because I couldn't afford two brand new MAFs from the same company.
This probably shouldn'tve been posted...
Old 02-16-2010, 12:04 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I do appreciate having you as a customer. I do see your point, I will take part of the blame for not making myself clear in the first place. Let me clarify a few things. I believe once you know the details, I'm sure you will understand my decision.

We do have the software to support just about any analog MAF out there, however a while back we decided to no longer support products purchased elsewhere. (the website was not updated to reflect the decision, which added to the confusion). There is much more to it than "making a sale".

- In order for our software to perform as designed, we need to know the "exact" parameters. One of these parameters is the MAF used (size, type of IAT, flow curve,...). To get these details we need the data sheet as provided by the manufacturer. In the past, we have received customer's supplied specs that do not match the sensor in use, and we ended up getting in the middle of it. No one was happy not the customers, not us. After spending countless hours figuring things out, we made it right. In summary, unless I know the "exact" MAF characteristics, the software will not work correctly. So, if you told me you needed a second MAF chip, I would have provided you one for the MAF we supplied, however it will not work properly except when used with our unique MAF. Instead of taking your money and leaving you stuck, we opted not to make the sale.

- When providing software to a MAF purchased elsewhere (a used Vitesse MAF or a MAF purchased from someone else) we have no idea of the condition of the MAF. If the MAF sensor has a problem, no software will work with it. The customer will not be happy with the results, more than likely will blame the software. In reality, the software performed fine, however it's a problem with the hardware. The bottom line, no one will be happy, so why take a chance.

- Support, Support, Support - I value great customer service and great support. I believe each one of you value the same. In the past, mostly last year, we have come across a few situations where we spent countless hours (in one instance as much as 20 hours) supporting a customer, he claimed the problem was with our product, but it was his car. Once we proved it was his car, we have spent lots of time supporting him and it was not our product's fault. The guy didn't even say "thank you". Now think of this, if we supplied the software but the hardware you purchased elsewhere was malfunctioning or your car was malfunctioning, how do we handle it and be fair to everyone involved. The customer always assumes the "proof is on us", so here we spend countless hours wasting time again. As the saying goes "One bad apple ruins the rest". Because of the few that abused our "open support" policy, our support policy has changed. We stand behind our products. But if it's a problem with something else, we will no longer hold the bag. Abuse to the "open Support" policy must stop.

- "No business is better than bad business" has always been our policy. Many times we walk away from a sale because we know the collective parts on a engine will not work. If you want a solid solution to a problem, contact us. If you just want to throw money at it, not fixing it and getting frustrated, we are not the vendor for you.

- A few complains about the prices - most find it much more economical to do it right the first time. We can sell you a MAF sensor just as inexpensive as you can purchase it elsewhere. However if you want a Vitesse genuine MAF software, a features rich software you can only purchase it from us. So why not get the complete system from one source?

Hope this clarifies why you couldn't purchase our MAF software.

Originally Posted by 951_RS
Old 02-16-2010, 12:11 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
This probably shouldn'tve been posted...
Actually, I'm glad he did. It gave me a chance to explain to him the reasons behind the decision. Hopefully I can clarify things in order for him not to have the negative feelings.

Quick Reply: Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!