Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:44 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

+1 for John, great guy! He will be getting an order from me here in the next few weeks.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:59 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast951
Actually, I'm glad he did. It gave me a chance to explain to him the reasons behind the decision. Hopefully I can clarify things in order for him not to have the negative feelings.
You can't make everyone happy all the time. There eventually has to be someone who isn't 100% happy, and as a consumer in the small 951 pool I would rather deal with a vendor who doesn't feel the need to take the load of unhappiness to have 100% of customers happy... it becomes non-sustainable.

I know of customers You have gone out of your way to help, and gotten railed on for being the god guy... I also know of customers who swear they will never buy another piece of your gear... The simple fact that you continue to do this, and are still coming out with new stuff anually from what I have seen, is a credit to both your equipment and your customer base...

Keep on keeping on John, and I'll continue to watch from the side lines... I have plans in the future, not 100% sure how or if any of your equipment fits in (as Porshhh pointed out, I don't plan to stick with Motronic) but I am sure if my plans become sticking with the Motronic managed lump.. I will be in line to use your stuff..
Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM
pudges951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well put.... It's nice to have a vendor who is honest about everything as well, it just makes it easier in the long run.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:07 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree with you, it's almost impossible to keep everyone happy 100%. At the same time, I'm sure all vendors have customers they wish to never deal with again. There are two sides to every story! All we can do is try to keep everyone happy, at times it's impossible.

At the same time, we will continue to bring new performance products to the table. Products that can be used by existing customers as well as new ones.

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
You can't make everyone happy all the time. There eventually has to be someone who isn't 100% happy, and as a consumer in the small 951 pool I would rather deal with a vendor who doesn't feel the need to take the load of unhappiness to have 100% of customers happy... it becomes non-sustainable.

I know of customers You have gone out of your way to help, and gotten railed on for being the god guy... I also know of customers who swear they will never buy another piece of your gear... The simple fact that you continue to do this, and are still coming out with new stuff anually from what I have seen, is a credit to both your equipment and your customer base...

Keep on keeping on John, and I'll continue to watch from the side lines... I have plans in the future, not 100% sure how or if any of your equipment fits in (as Porshhh pointed out, I don't plan to stick with Motronic) but I am sure if my plans become sticking with the Motronic managed lump.. I will be in line to use your stuff..
Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I do appreciate the better response and I understand where you're coming from.
I'm unsure why someone felt I shouldn't have posted that though, but on the internet it's almost impossible to read the emotion behind someone's post so perhaps my post was perceived in a more negative light than I meant it.

I will say that I highly doubt I would blame your software if I'd ended up with a problem as with a used maf I completely expected the sensor to be bad possibly. Though I can't blame you for not wanting to take the chance as you don't know me personally and for all you know I'm one of those customers who wants his cake and to eat it too; all at the expense of yourself.
So once again, thanks, and I feel much better about it all.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:27 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 951_RS
Thanks, I do appreciate the better response and I understand where you're coming from.
I'm unsure why someone felt I shouldn't have posted that though, but on the internet it's almost impossible to read the emotion behind someone's post so perhaps my post was perceived in a more negative light than I meant it.

I will say that I highly doubt I would blame your software if I'd ended up with a problem as with a used maf I completely expected the sensor to be bad possibly. Though I can't blame you for not wanting to take the chance as you don't know me personally and for all you know I'm one of those customers who wants his cake and to eat it too; all at the expense of yourself.
So once again, thanks, and I feel much better about it all.
I'm glad you understand my position. I didn't mean that "you" as Drew will point the finger at the software, it's a general "you".
Nothing personal and to keep it that way, we cannot make exception to a policy. If we do, then someone will take it personally and will be upset. So saying "no" to everyone has a much better chance of helping us keeping everyone happy.
In any event, thank you for understanding. Feel free to email me if I can assist you.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:41 PM
pudges951
Racer

I believe that John has made his point, can we just keep this thread to my review, I'd appreciate that. If you have any more comments or questions regarding why or why not he won't do something for you please email him. Thanks...
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

I have owned several of John's Maf kits over the years, for different cars and he has ALWAYS been there to support me. I am currently running V-Flex and E85 on 95lb injectors. It runs great on 93 octane and E85 with the flip of a switch.

I have the same concerns as the OP, I can't put the power to the ground. But I have an AOR LSD waiting to go in when I am up to it. Even with problems putting power to the ground in 1st and 2nd gear, the car still manages a 0-100 in 9.35 seconds, and 0-60 in just under 5. Once the AOR goes in, I have some 295's dot stickys to go on the rear, which should cut the 0-60 down close to 4 seconds.

If you are not going to do a standalone EMS, Vitesse is the ONLY way to go IMHO.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
pudges951
Racer

Jonathon, with that LSD and 295's your car should hook nicely...
Old 02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

John's customer service is excellent. He spent a considerable amount of time helping me get mine to work correctly.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951
I'm glad you understand my position. I didn't mean that "you" as Drew will point the finger at the software, it's a general "you".
Nothing personal and to keep it that way, we cannot make exception to a policy. If we do, then someone will take it personally and will be upset. So saying "no" to everyone has a much better chance of helping us keeping everyone happy.
In any event, thank you for understanding. Feel free to email me if I can assist you.
Originally Posted by pudges951
I believe that John has made his point, can we just keep this thread to my review, I'd appreciate that. If you have any more comments or questions regarding why or why not he won't do something for you please email him. Thanks...

Carry on... my bad.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
This probably shouldn'tve been posted...
why?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pudges951
I think it's important to allow everyone to give their opinion. Whether it agrees with your thread or not. This is the point of a forum. If he isn't going off topic, he should say what he thinks. If we're not allowed to voice our opinion (in a friendly manner) why even have a forum? Rennlist is too policed for my liking and the only people it's hurting is the users. Sometimes the truth is held in because it might hurt the reputation of a paying vendor. That's ridiculous. We're not here for the vendors, they're here for us. This post is not targeted at John or his products, it's just something that has been bothering me for sometime. This thread sparked it.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:34 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DDP
I think it's important to allow everyone to give their opinion. Whether it agrees with your thread or not. This is the point of a forum. If he isn't going off topic, he should say what he thinks. If we're not allowed to voice our opinion (in a friendly manner) why even have a forum? Rennlist is too policed for my liking and the only people it's hurting is the users. Sometimes the truth is held in because it might hurt the reputation of a paying vendor. That's ridiculous. We're not here for the vendors, they're here for us. This post is not targeted at John or his products, it's just something that has been bothering me for sometime. This thread sparked it.
It's alright, I'll be the scape goat haha.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DDP
very well put sir

Quick Reply: Another round of Praises to John Vitesse!!!