Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Played with an EVO today

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 PM
pudges951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an 06 Evo IX, and it actually looks like I might get a chance to buy her back this spring. You can't really compare the two cars, one is a rwd coupe and the other is an awd sedan. These cars were built for completely different purposes, but they both perform their specific one well. I like my 951, but the fact that it is always breaking is a concern. I didn't abuse my evo when I had it and I never had one hiccup, it was far from stock as well. I do agree the Evo's interior does feel somewhat cheap, but that's not what the cars were made for.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Ziff951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I just recently got back into a 951 (my first one was totaled five years ago) and this one has the LR 340 package running 18psi (dialed back a little now..;-). I had an encounter with a new Viper and we did a little rolling run. I was in second and he stomped the gas and I stayed right with him! We didn't run far at all, but it was kind of a surprise to me...him too, I'm sure. Of course with the stupid wastegate venting to atmosphere, it's a little obnoxious on the street and I feel a little like a douche bag.... Can't wait to get that tied back in..
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George D
91 octane and boost spiking to 30lbs.

So what is it with our cars that anything over 18psi on pump and even with great tune is almost completely un chartered territory and usually proves detrimental.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by toddk911
So what is it with our cars that anything over 18psi on pump and even with great tune is almost completely un chartered territory and usually proves detrimental.
The EVO motors are highly evolved turbo motors. Their heads flow like Niagra Falls. They just have many years of development and tuning going into their design.

Our motors are 20 year old technology. If Porsche continued on with our inline 4 motors, we would see a vastly different motor today.

Quick Reply: Played with an EVO today