Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How can i tell which brake rotor for big blacks if i cant find a part number

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look at the picture above. If you lay a rule on the friction face then tell me what the dimesion is to the outer face. Just in case your rotors are badly worn measure the hat height to the bottom before it turns back up again.

This dimension is different between 928, 965 and 993.

If I could draw I could put in a sketch.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pic

here's a pic
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
JC951
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Justin, this is the question that is appearing on a few threads at the moment. There isn't one made for this size. The easiest would probably be to buy the Vented full face GTS rotors and have someone route a few slots in them. I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with this theory as it seems too easy. I am also finding out from PFC if they do anything for this size too. It will no doubt be a 2 piece setup which has the benefits of being lighter (less unsprung mass is always good). I will confirm when I know. The 965 cross drilled ones are cheap and do perform well. Just that they do crack. Doing DEs shouldn't be too hard on them though so this could be a good stop gap solution. Pad choice will have an effect too. As will cooling the rotor. If you can fit some tube duct it's worth it, otherwise there are the deflector plates from the 968CS (I think).
what about these...little expensive though at $341 per rotor http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/...rakerotors.php

Quick Reply: How can i tell which brake rotor for big blacks if i cant find a part number