Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone ever heard of the Forge Splitter DV?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 03:15 AM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever heard of the Forge Splitter DV?

Just saw it on their website... I guess that it combines the regular 007 valve with a small (ajustable) amount of atmospheric dump.

Maybe i've been awake for too long, but what would be the benefit to doing this? Wouldn't it still make an instantaneous rich spot?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw one last weekend at the PRI trade show and spoke to a Forge rep (very briefly) about it. He said that it's basically like the 007 model except has a more audible BOV-like sound, and does not cause the car to be rich between shifts. Unfortunately that's about all I could get from him at the time, but he sounded confident that it was designed well and functions properly.

Worth a try I guess if you can find one at a discounted price. I'm curious to know what the sound is like or how loud it would be though.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:33 AM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

They've been out for a while. Will give you more audible "whoosh" like an atmospheric dump will. From what I've heard they do a pretty good job at keeping it from running rich, but it's still not as good as a full recirculating valve. There are quite a few people out there that make "dual-vent" diverters. They are pretty popular in the VAG world.

As I kinda mentioned in the other thread, a recycling diverter is plenty loud without a stock airbox, so I doubt this version would make it much louder if you have a cone filter setup already. It will definitely make more of a difference if you are running a stock airbox.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 AM
caster951
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nelson, save your money on the dv bpv and buy my Vitesse setup already! I will give you a smokin good deal.
shane
Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM
beebone
Racer

Originally Posted by caster951
Nelson, save your money on the dv bpv and buy my Vitesse setup already! I will give you a smokin good deal.
shane
I want to order, in case it running rich, the atmosphere side can be shut. But not sure about the valve size whether can fit the gap between the water tank and airbox.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by beebone
I want to order, in case it running rich, the atmosphere side can be shut. But not sure about the valve size whether can fit the gap between the water tank and airbox.
That one will be very difficult to fit because of the 90° relationship between the two exhaust ports. Turbosmart has one that will fit - The Kompact dual port which has the ports 180° apart. I'm currently running the Turbosmart unit which replaced a Stratmosphere bypass valve.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by caster951
shane
I'd love to buy it, but with school, GF, etc. i just don't have the money until summer...Unless you'd be interested in trading it for my NA interior? haha
Old 12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
beebone
Racer

Originally Posted by CurtP
That one will be very difficult to fit because of the 90° relationship between the two exhaust ports. Turbosmart has one that will fit - The Kompact dual port which has the ports 180° apart. I'm currently running the Turbosmart unit which replaced a Stratmosphere bypass valve.
Becareful the direction, the boost side and exhaust side are difference then dirvert valve, so the speaker will stay right up.
But the Forge one spekaer is on the side.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

The forge splitter is a waste of money. They came out with them for mkv gtis and all it does is make some more noise... Pretty worthless part to be honest. Hate to be so blunt, but it's true.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:25 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by beebone
Becareful the direction, the boost side and exhaust side are difference then dirvert valve, so the speaker will stay right up.
But the Forge one spekaer is on the side.
Yeah, I noticed that. Mine was installed so the horn was facing forward, which is technically wrong. Seems that the consensus here is to install the aftermarket piston type bypass valves so the pressure is on the side of the piston instead of the face of it - apparently to keep it from creeping open under boost. I only ran it for a couple of days before removing the horn and installing the plug to make it full bypass. It will fit with either the horn facing up or forward.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever heard of the Forge Splitter DV?