Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Damn.. totaled

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy
Glad your not dead kid, but you need a dose of reality. I call BS on your story.
Glad you never exercised poor judgment while driving a sports car when you were young and pumped on testosterone. Unfortunately, many of us have, though.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy;

Glad your not dead kid, but you need a dose of reality. I call BS on your story.
No doubt something doesn't add up.... I have driven for decades and never "lost the rear of a car on a wet patch."

Some lessons a tough learn, hopefully this one is a turning point and nobody will need to die for the lesson to take.

good luck to you ballistic - chap
Old 12-15-2009, 09:46 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry about the accident. Count your blessings, someone is looking out for you. Just be glad you didn't get seriously hurt!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
Count your blessings, someone is looking out for you. Just be glad you didn't get seriously hurt!
Yes - praise science!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im def glad your alright. I think you were coherent for the accident but dont remember because of the impact..... (this is usually common in serious accidents).

But there might be more to this then your telling us for fear of insurance finding out
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad youre ok too. That car took a beating.

I also think there is more to the story, only because ive been there. Had too many close calls myself doing things I shouldnt have been doing.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Good call out. I was thinking it, and glad you had the bravery to write it.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow - that is one very messed up car! Don't know if i've seen another quite that twisted up!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:26 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

DUDE, THANKS GOD YOU SURVIVED. I'll be interested in buying the remains of the car $$$
Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Did anyone really read this post before replying with condolences?? Let’s dissect shall we? (First telltale, his screen name starts with “Ballistic”) Carefully read his post (in black) with my notes (in italics) for emphasis: “Was driving back from the beach last Wednesday (night, after having a few pops at the bar) when I lost control on a corner (because I was showing off.) Must have hit a wet patch and the rear-end came loose (because my entry speed was too fast and I lifted, or I got on the boost in the corner; likely because I was driving either slightly or completely impaired…see his following statement ->) Lost consciousness before impact and don't remember anything. (HOW DOES ONE LOOSE CONSCIOUSNESS BEFORE IMPACT???) Was told I smacked into another car and then skidded off the road. (…WAS “TOLD”??? by the other person in the car? Or, the people he was racing home? Or, the people he was showing of for??) Other people were not hurt. (Thank God! And thank god he only passed out BEFORE he hit anything!) I suffered a nice gash around the eye which required 10 stitches and a lacerated kidney. Was put in the ICU for 3 days until I stopped peeing blood. Body is bruised but i'm doing alright. (+1 and amazed the 20 year old airbags deployed and saved his *** from worse damage). Really loved this car... put a smile on my face every time I went out for a spin. (heh, heh…he said “spin”)

I’m glad no one else was hurt period. I can’t believe everyone on the list is offering condolences to this guy given his own statements!! He’s lucky to be alive and lucky he didn’t kill himself or others. The photos speak volumes…he was traveling fast when he hit if you look at the damage. Textbook example of an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of car he doesn’t know how to drive endangering himself and all around him. He should be ashamed and his story is BS. I do not know ANY 944 driver who has lost control because he hit a “wet patch.” I have NEVER heard of anyone who “lost consciousness before impact” who wasn’t drunk, high or both; unless they had a friggin heart attack! “Ballistic” what really happened?? I for one am glad you are off the road. (Sorry about the car though, looks like it was really nice. I know that sucks.) If you get back in a 951 you better learn how to drive it and do some DE for sure. Someone should send this to his mom so she will know that her kid trashed a perfectly good car and that it wasn't because of a "wet patch."

Damn, you sure can extrapolate a lot from an otherwise short story. Maybe you should change your screen name to Judge Judy.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by lart951
DUDE, THANKS GOD YOU SURVIVED. I'll be interested in buying the remains of the car $$$
Lart, I thought of no one but you to buy this car back.. The first thing I looked at when he said he couldn't buy it back was which city and state he lived in. I was happy to see it was very close to your home. I hope you recover the car and put these parts back in our hands at your usually reasonable prices!

Only from my, "past testosterone filled life" did I see similar admittance of foolishness here. I'm sure many here have come close to, or have made mistakes like this and got to walk away. I agree, yes. He's certainly lucky. Lucky not for just his life, but for anyone else. Had someone else (Passenger certainly would have died) been killed by this "mistake", he would've been walking straight from the ICU to the Jailhouse for 5-50yrs for involuntary manslaughter; Like the guy who killed my friends mother under the same circumstances.

So yes, he is lucky.. Very lucky for more reasons than one.

Last edited by 95ONE; 12-15-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Yeah I definitely felt like there was more to the story, but I dont think it's important really.
The only difference between doing something stupid, and doing something horrible (like killing someone) is random chance to be honest. Many times I'm sure a lot of us have done something stupid that only ended up in a spun car stopped in the opposite lane or what not that could have easily ended up in an accident had their been a car in the other lane.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

A while back at the local track they had open track days between Xmas and news years. Problem is the weather isnt so warm and there was some snow around but the track was clear. There was a section of the track where there was some water across the track (small area) from snow melt on the side of the track. The cold weather (i.e. tires not really sticky) and a little water I spun my 951 out hitting the water patch. So what I am saying, is hitting a water can cause a car to loose control.

That said, I was on a track when this happened and I wasn't driving slowly. Generally, when driving at legal speeds on the road spinning out because of water doesnt happen. Regardless, the state I live in is that if the roads are that bad (lets think snow) there is an artificial speed limit that is not written that is "driving faster than conditions allow". This is a police officers call. If there is water and that caused the wreck, I am sorry, he was driving too fast for conditions.

This wreck looks serious. I am sure that excessive speed was involved. Look at the amount of damage to the car. This wasn't a 35mph.

Lets ask it bluntly. What was the speed limit on the road you were driving on and about how fast were you going when this occured? You know if you were doing 30, 60, or 90mph. Exact speed doesnt matter. If you were driving legally you will have no issue telling us your speed. If you don't (and your insurance or law enforcement is looking) saying nothing tells them alot.

You want our sympathies, tell us what happened leading up to the wreck.

And if you were being a stoopid azz, glad you didnt kill or hurt someone else.

-Dana
Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts

It is very common to lose a few seconds of memories before getting knocked out, so there is nothing strange or sinister about the driver not knowing exactly what happened.

-Joel.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:34 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, but he knows how he was driving before the wreck. Maybe not the last few seconds, but he knows how he was driving.

-Dana

Quick Reply: Damn.. totaled