Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Autothority vs Vitesse Chip

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:58 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a wideband on my autothority chip. Crap.. total crap. No idea about timing.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie
I'm in the same boat, my car seems to run great with the Autothoity chip. If it runs better with the Viteese then that will be that much better. When I install the MBC and Tial I plan on running 13 to 14 lbs boost. I'm just curious if a chip will make much difference with so few mods being done.

One thing I am disappointed with is my MPG. I did a test last week at a constant 75mph and driving for mileage (easy) I got 24mpg. Thought the car would get at least 27 or 28. Maybe the Viteese will help in this area also????
Well, I ran authotority, max chips, guru chips & huntley and I tell you a chip can make a huge difference, Vittese has a reputation for excellence, I have never heard a single complain about them. Now on the other side I have heard many complaints about blown head gaskets with authotority chips, myself being one of them. Now, I see that you want to run more boost with your authotority, good luck I can forecast a potential blown head gasket because they run a bit lean on the top. You need proper a/f ratio in order to increase your boost and I can assure you that authotority doesn't provide you that.

Just because a cars runs smooth at idle or cruises smoothly on the hwy doesn't mean your chips are good, only at high rpm's & full boost you will know if you have good chips.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
Well, I ran authotority, max chips, guru chips & huntley and I tell you a chip can make a huge difference, Vittese has a reputation for excellence, I have never heard a single complain about them. Now on the other side I have heard many complaints about blown head gaskets with authotority chips, myself being one of them. Now, I see that you want to run more boost with your authotority, good luck I can forecast a potential blown head gasket because they run a bit lean on the top. You need proper a/f ratio in order to increase your boost and I can assure you that authotority doesn't provide you that.

Just because a cars runs smooth at idle or cruises smoothly on the hwy doesn't mean your chips are good, only at high rpm's & full boost you will know if you have good chips.
What if you don't plan on increasing boost and leaving it the way Authority has set it up on the chip? I have Raceware head studs and wide-fire headgasket too. I'm not really worried per say, but I see your point. i don't plan on adding an MBC unless I go Vittese.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sebastian944
What if you don't plan on increasing boost and leaving it the way Authority has set it up on the chip? I have Raceware head studs and wide-fire headgasket too. I'm not really worried per say, but I see your point. i don't plan on adding an MBC unless I go Vittese.
With John's products, right out of the box, they are dead on the A/F anywhere between 95% to 98%, without any tuning at all. And the proper A/F will remain constant regardless of temps or altitude. To me it's a no brainer, plug-n-play.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm one of the old timers here and I've run just about everything thats been on the market, with the exception of Russels chips. Vitesse wins hands down. Nothing else comes close.

Regards,
Old 11-27-2009, 09:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sh944
I'm one of the old timers here and I've run just about everything thats been on the market, with the exception of Russels chips. Vitesse wins hands down. Nothing else comes close.

Regards,
lol, talking about old timers, joining date 2002, damn
Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I actually predate Rennlist by a whole bunch. I started back with Porschephiles in the mid 90's...
Old 11-27-2009, 11:22 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sh944
I actually predate Rennlist by a whole bunch. I started back with Porschephiles in the mid 90's...
Sh%t you were like 40 years old back then
Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I ran guru chips .
I know those were your favorite !!
Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by David Floyd
I know those were your favorite !!
Yes unparalleled performance, 0 to blown gasket under 6 seconds.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:19 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll join the pile on for John and Vitesse.

Best product on the market and without question the best service. John helped me even through issues that had nothing to do with his product. I installed a full MAF and after an install any electrical or ground problems that you may have in your car become very apparent. John was extremely helpful in working with me to identify and resolve those issues. He even took the chip back for a re-flash just to make sure everything was OK and after he had tinkered with the idle programming for the 85# injectors he asked me to send the chip back again so that he could update mine with the latest version to resolve an issue that I was experiencing.

I really want a new turbo and the only thing keeping me from buying one is that I'm to chicken to install it myself...

Before I had the MAF I had used the 944MAX + Lindsey Boost Enhancer and blew a HG. Those LBE's leak like crazy and even though I had mine dialed down lower than stock it still leaked enough to cause issues. Even after replacing the HG with the stock WG I tried putting the 944MAX chip back in and was getting detonation at less than 10PSI of boost...car ran great with the stock chips. I emailed Dave @ Lindsey with the info on my 944MAX chip to make sure it was the right one for my car - he agreed.

I dumped that, installed an Accuboost and the Vitesse AFM chip - my car ran like a top. I liked it so much I decided to pull the trigger on a full MAF setup and love it. Pretty easy install and John made me a nice deal on the piggyback as well which is killer. It's definitely helped me dial my car in.

Just buy the Vitesse stuff, you won't regret it.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:06 PM
joster86turbo
Instructor

Lart- "Yes unparalleled performance, 0 to blown gasket under 6 seconds."

HAH! i don't care who you are. that's funny right there!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:36 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

With all the heat on Authority I might just swap the stock chips in.. I simply can't afford a Vitesse MAF at the moment..
Old 11-28-2009, 07:43 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes unparalleled performance, 0 to blown gasket under 6 seconds.
Typical comment from Luis, and funny as hell.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Sebastian,

The PO of my car installed autothority MAF before I bought the car. I bought my car about 11 years ago (yes prices were higher then). I have also run a manual boost controller. I have run the car upto 19psi (in denver). I have only blown one head gasket. I put in raceware studs and not had head gasket blown since. Of course with a K27/6 turbo and MAF my car only made 255rwhp (uncorrected at 5000ft). You shouldn't worry too much.

I am changing over to a Vitesse system, but that has to do with the fact that I want a lot more power. My goal is 400rwhp (uncorrected) so I need to start with the best baseline. But my car has always run decent with Autothority, just always been rich in the middle.

-Dana

Quick Reply: Autothority vs Vitesse Chip