Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 turbo for sale, parts for sale, feeler thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was born In Olean... been back once since I was 1.... don't miss it much most of the time.. just a little on Wednesday afternoons....
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

fix it, get a new insurance policy!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Prack
Fix it.

You know this car. There are really no surprises with it unlike buying another car. You have a lot of history and the damage does not look that bad. If the frame is a little tweaked in the front corner there either pull it or forget about it. As long as it does not affect your alignment, who cares?

Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.
nuff said.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
gstreev
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disclaimer: I Didn't read through all the posts.
When you have a car that has much invested in it you need to get it insured for a fixed or agreed coverage amount, its like buying a small house, then putting a few $100k into it an not increasing the coverage. What is the insurance buy back amount, in my case it was $1500, you certainly should retain the car whatever you do. The Salvage title only means something when you want to sell it. Take good pictrues of the car to show a buyer later on the extent of the damage. It seems to me that you want to get another 951, if that's the case, go to a few quality body shops and see what there take on it is. Ask if the car will be safe and let them know its not for show but a perforamnce car that will be driven hard and fast. Safe at 55 is different than safe at 140! Will they money you get from insurance pay to fix the car? If so then your on real loss will come when you at some point sell it. Even if you didn't get into the accident, if you wanted to sell the car you would be taking a substantial loss over what you put into it. I've bought two salvage vehicles, an 02 WRX which I had no issues with driveability at all and a VW Passat that I got my wife. In her case I find the car doesn't feel right on the highway under certain conditions, turning while going over a bumps on the right side. Its perfectly fine for her 10 mile commute but it bothers me when I drive it from NY to my house in VT, especially on the Taconic PKy.
Parting it will take a long time and you will be heart broken seeing it and only going out to take another part off it. Do you have another car to drive in the meantime? I am leaning towards fixing it.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

John, upstate is a big place. What town do you live in. I am located in Highland mills, orange county. 2 miles from the Woodbury Commons.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
if he takes the money and has that frame fixed it will then be a "salvage" title.
who cares? just don't sell it. drive it till you're senile.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 PM
gstreev
Racer

John,
Here's something you may want to investigate, not sure how far he is from you though.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/1375083460.html

Quick Reply: 944 turbo for sale, parts for sale, feeler thread