Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

"Our Lady of blessed acceleration don't fail me now!!"---Close call last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:15 AM
jlturpin
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good save. Always know what is going on with the drivers around you. I drive (before back surgery) for technical/network IT support to 8 offices in Arkansas, to Jacksonville FL, Baton Rouge (WORST DRIVERS) to RI, also very agressive drivers. Driving as many as 50K a year just for work, you run in to some CRAZY drivers and used to, it would have been on, but with age and lowering testorone levels on top of many years out of the USMC, and now a child I just give them their space, when it is safe for me to merge, I do so. If they continue to tailgate I will slow down my pace so they can go around. Safety first. I would hate the thought of getting my plates for my car, and almost having it totalled before mounting the plates. Hope to get the tags for my car in the next few months. I will be calling and getting an agreed on value prior to getting an insurance policy. May cost a bit more, but I have put a lot of work into this car.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:28 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlturpin
Good save. Always know what is going on with the drivers around you. I drive (before back surgery) for technical/network IT support to 8 offices in Arkansas, to Jacksonville FL, Baton Rouge (WORST DRIVERS) to RI, also very agressive drivers. Driving as many as 50K a year just for work, you run in to some CRAZY drivers and used to, it would have been on, but with age and lowering testorone levels on top of many years out of the USMC, and now a child I just give them their space, when it is safe for me to merge, I do so. If they continue to tailgate I will slow down my pace so they can go around. Safety first. I would hate the thought of getting my plates for my car, and almost having it totalled before mounting the plates. Hope to get the tags for my car in the next few months. I will be calling and getting an agreed on value prior to getting an insurance policy. May cost a bit more, but I have put a lot of work into this car.
IN SO MANY WAYS...Semper Fi!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
ArthurPE
Race Car

Originally Posted by ehall
Thanks for telling me what I already know.
Semper Fi!
everyone 'knows' it, few practice it...
I catch myself getting caught up in the 'moment' at times...

Rangers lead the Way!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:49 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArthurPE
everyone 'knows' it, few practice it...
I catch myself getting caught up in the 'moment' at times...

Rangers lead the Way!
If one considers "Backwards" a way!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

Originally Posted by ehall
If one considers "Backwards" a way!
well hell, we have to go back and get the Marines out of their holes don't we?

Quick Reply: "Our Lady of blessed acceleration don't fail me now!!"---Close call last night!!!