WTB modded 944 turbo or 968

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB modded 944 turbo or 968

In case you missed the thread my car is wrecked. I'm currently in negotiations with my insurance company on its value and possible replacement. I'm using my right of recourse to consider other options to present my agent so.......

Here's what I need. If anyone knows of a clean 88-89 turbo thats been heavily modified and is/was as well taken care of as mine then please put them intouch with me. Another option im considering is buying a clean 968 coupe and having the insurance company transplant my motor/turbo into the 968. So...

If you know of anyone selling a very well cared for 968 coupe with 6speed and low miles please have them get intouch with me. Both the 944 turbo and the 968 I would consider need to be white. I might consider another color if the car was just perfect in every other way. Cars must come with great records and clean history.

Thankyou for all your help.

prsch944turbo@aol.com
Old 09-11-2009, 01:42 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

That's a real bummer John! I thought your engine had not long been tweaked with some of the VR stuff on it amongst other things? Can you not transplant that into a clean 951 without paying for all the mods on that car? What's your interior like? I assume it's in great nick so perhaps you could get something with a straight body but neglected interior and motor for much cheaper and put the extra monies into say an A1 paint job or other items you have been waiting to get.
Good luck on your mission.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:52 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 333pg333
That's a real bummer John! I thought your engine had not long been tweaked with some of the VR stuff on it amongst other things? Can you not transplant that into a clean 951 without paying for all the mods on that car? What's your interior like? I assume it's in great nick so perhaps you could get something with a straight body but neglected interior and motor for much cheaper and put the extra monies into say an A1 paint job or other items you have been waiting to get.
Good luck on your mission.
My interior was a wreck but, its perfect now. As far as considering a transplant into a different 944....maybe. Honestly I want to keep my car and buy back on it is so cheep thats what I'll be doing regardless. The car has way too much money in it to let it go. Its going to be hard to get me into another 944 turbo because I hate the dated look. In all honesty I'm probably looking for a clean 968 and im going to transplant what I need over from mine. However IF the perfect 944 turbo was available then I'd certainly consider it.

My car was literally on its way to be perfect in every single way. Literally everything on the car has been replaced in the past year or so and when I say everything I mean everything. I sent her a folder totaling 30k in receipts in the past year. So they are doing their legwork to meet me half way. I figure where the used Porsche market is right now I could pick up a clean 968 for 12-15k and then have them pay to exchange everything over and still come out about right on the value.

Then I'd just sell off what was left of my old one and be able to drive a turbo 968 with a 944 motor while I have the 968 motor built.

Can you say 3.1ltr 16v
Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Yeah I thought your car was in great condition and know all about the value of what you have invested. Sounds good re the 968. I think this has appealed to your visual sense anyway for some time so perhaps there will be a silver lining out of all this. Hope so. You're car was schmick!
Good luck with a new motor. I'd love to do that and had one half built, but one thing and another...
Old 09-11-2009, 02:09 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should get at least half. My S2 netted me $11.9k, and that was me keeping the hatch, wheels, top and exhaust! They said anything not stock, I was permitted to take off. I ended up grossing $8.7k after deductible and buy back. I have under $5k into my S2 (including buy back) and it's better then ever.

Your best bet is to take my route. Get the insurance check and your car back. Use insurance check to buy another Porsche, and rebuild the white car. You will not regret it. Wrecking my Porsche wad the best accident I've ever made lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:25 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
You should get at least half. My S2 netted me $11.9k, and that was me keeping the hatch, wheels, top and exhaust! They said anything not stock, I was permitted to take off. I ended up grossing $8.7k after deductible and buy back. I have under $5k into my S2 (including buy back) and it's better then ever.

Your best bet is to take my route. Get the insurance check and your car back. Use insurance check to buy another Porsche, and rebuild the white car. You will not regret it. Wrecking my Porsche wad the best accident I've ever made lol.
I'm certainly going to consider my options. There is a super clean 89 turbo on evilbay right now. 30k miles going for 14k. That car looks great. There are just alot of ways to go at this point. We are just going to have to see what we come up with. I'm for sure going to buy my car back. I'd be crazy not too. What I decide to do with it or its guts is still yet to be determined. In the meantime I need possible candidates. So if you know of any really clean 944 turbos or 968's send em' my way.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Mike951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see my post on main board
Old 09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks mike you've got pm.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Euro951
Racer

I would get more estimates, that car looks repairable in every way. Although parting a car and taking the payout can work out it is alot of aggrevation.

Quick Reply: WTB modded 944 turbo or 968