Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My guess - 968 LSx
Old 09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, my new guess is huffy..pink huffy with tassles on the handlebars...

And a civic to run down to the store in...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Now its just another screwed up 944 turbo with alot of money in it

If you substitue "girlfriend" in for "944 turbo" then you have the story of my life.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

If you want to fix it, try Natal Auto in the bronx. Best body shop in the area and a 944 racer. He can bend that right back on the frame machine in no time, and he is very fair.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Tell. Us..
Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should fix it

there is no way you will recover even part of your $$ parting it.

That is such minor damage it would be a shame to the car and your time
Old 09-15-2009, 04:21 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

you've just put in a rebuilt transmission! fix it!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Wormhole
If you want to fix it, try Natal Auto in the bronx. Best body shop in the area and a 944 racer. He can bend that right back on the frame machine in no time, and he is very fair.
hmmm

I will say on the speculation. Someone in this thread has already guessed whats going on.... I'll leave it at that..
Old 09-15-2009, 06:51 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I will say on the speculation. Someone in this thread has already guessed whats going on.... I'll leave it at that..
Has to be Luis.....

Old 09-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You have friends with good sheetmetal on the fronts of their 951 or S2 cars. You probably also know folks with such fenders, header panel, etc. in good shape and presently detached from the car.

So, why not borrow these parts, apply wax and some mold release, and make your own female molds? The fiberglass isn't that expensive, and then you'd have molds to make as many duplicate fenders, etc. as you wish. Boat builders do this all the time, using somebodys' good hull as a master tool.

Another possibility is to make copies out of thermoplastic, heated and vacuum-formed over the factory originals. Detroit and others make dent-proof fenders out of such stuff, and you can hit it with a hammer and it shows no damage. Thermoplastic color goes all the way through the sheet, so rock chips don't discolor. Just a thought.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:29 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts

A few years ago, there was a discussion about blown head gaskets. The general consensus of the forum techs was that some of the blown gaskets could be explained logically because of user error, high boost, improper mix, warped head or block etc. But we also found that there was another group that had checked every single step in the gasket replacement procedure and still had unexplained blown head gaskets.

Chris White one of the most respected and well known techs in the 951 arena made the following statement,
Originally Posted by Chris White
What I have found is that some engines will never have head gasket problems and some are just plain cursed. This could be form differences in castings. Chris White
Well, in my personal experience, I have found that some of our cars are cursed in another way, even with the small numbers of 951's out there, look how many of us, after spending time working to achieve perfection or just a car that runs to have fun with it, end up in accidents, fires, mishaps or freak accidents etc.

I have seen this phenomenon over and over, why? Who the hell knows?

Maybe Chris White concept applies to this as well?

John, get the Z06.

Originally Posted by Chris White
What I have found is that some are just plain cursed. Chris White

Originally Posted by Dash01
You have friends with good sheetmetal on the fronts of their 951 or S2 cars. You probably also know folks with such fenders, header panel, etc. in good shape and presently detached from the car.

So, why not borrow these parts, apply wax and some mold release, and make your own female molds? The fiberglass isn't that expensive, and then you'd have molds to make as many duplicate fenders, etc. as you wish. Boat builders do this all the time, using somebodys' good hull as a master tool.

Another possibility is to make copies out of thermoplastic, heated and vacuum-formed over the factory originals. Detroit and others make dent-proof fenders out of such stuff, and you can hit it with a hammer and it shows no damage. Thermoplastic color goes all the way through the sheet, so rock chips don't discolor. Just a thought.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you could make a custom tube front end that is stronger than stock.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
A few years ago, there was a discussion about blown head gaskets. The general consensus of the forum techs was that some of the blown gaskets could be explained logically because of user error, high boost, improper mix, warped head or block etc. But we also found that there was another group that had checked every single step in the gasket replacement procedure and still had unexplained blown head gaskets.

Chris White one of the most respected and well known techs in the 951 arena made the following statement,

Well, in my personal experience, I have found that some of our cars are cursed in another way, even with the small numbers of 951's out there, look how many of us, after spending time working to achieve perfection or just a car that runs to have fun with it, end up in accidents, fires, mishaps or freak accidents etc.

I have seen this phenomenon over and over, why? Who the hell knows?

Maybe Chris White concept applies to this as well?

John, get the Z06.
My wife pretty much said the same damn thing as have all my close friends. It seems like every 6 months something happens with this thing. It just been cursed forever. I bought the car and have been making it nice ever since and it just never seems to reward me. Here I have a chance to break clean and its hard not too.

It really breaks my heart because the car was getting so ridiculously badass. I mean I was replacing everything, trim, switches, rubber surround, you name it. What a freggin waste of time/energy and money. You wanna make me an offer Luis???

Hell part of the car is yours already

Quick Reply: Well its wrecked...