Dutch944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone seen my post 1 up?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:07 PM
JET951
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

The catch can return goes into the pipe just after the air mass meter, before the turbo. I would say on boost there would be a suction effect going on .

The catch can makes a big difference, The original design used quite small lines from the AOS to the pre turbo boot. This means under boost you get high velocity flow of oil mist going through the turbo/inlet and combustion chamber. We use -12 lines with our catch cans which slow the velocity and reduce the oil going to the catch can. No more oil mix in the combustion.
Regards
Sean

Originally Posted by Dutch944
Thanks! But vacuum? Are you sure? Because just before the turbo is always atmospheric.. If there is a vacuum your inletpipe is to small!

And now for the next question; do you really notice the catchcan in the car? Is it sucking up the oil and sucking it back into the intake? And does is relieve the pressure in the crankcase?
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Dutch944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oke thanks for the info! Big chance i'll be putting one on as well than! How did you get the connection at the valvecover?

And than for another question; what did you do to the tank? The Charcoalfilter is a lot of weight and therefor i removed it. But what do i do with the line which is connected? Can i just completely remove it and get a small hose at the end of the car with a pressure relief valve which opens at about 0.2bar (3PSI)?

Quick Reply: 3ltr twincam engine, coming together