Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AFRs and Timing advance/retard

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:44 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fully unlocked version allows them to be modified, OR you can always import the BIN to a HEX editor, and alter the code directly...

I have not touched them, as I felt the 7K RPM limit was more than sufficient, and have not modified the FQS or Air Temp correction factors yet...

HEX locations for a few functions...

these are the STARTING addresses, for instance, the FQS address is shown as 0x017B, and they are 8 bytes (2 bytes each * 4), so 0x017B, c, d, and e are the FQS values... hex values for these locations are 80, 84, 7C, 84.. Decimal equivalent 128, 132, 124, 132... and in the edit mode looks like this..

To me, even having the memory address index for each car is handy..but that is just me...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:06 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

And just for grins, here is the same map, edited with a hex editor (free, google it)..

Note the addresses having been written, and the NEW values highlighted in red...
NOW this is deep...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

NOW Boys and girls out there in TV land, there are several steps I have ommited, but this gives you the general idea of how it CAN be done...

DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO MODIFY YOUR CHIP DATA UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING... you can, and most likely WILL damage your car by playing with some things... not to mention MOST of the chips I have seen in our cars DMEs are EPROMS, and writing to them can get a little pricey for a casual home user...

Just like so many other things in life..Play with it too much and you WILL break it...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John, I suggest editing the FQS values - to bring your 55lb injectors in, then use the maps to fine tune them...

-Rogue

Quick Reply: AFRs and Timing advance/retard