Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clutch master Cylinder 944

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 11:39 AM
WarHorse
8th Gear

Default Clutch master Cylinder 944

Just realized that I posted this in the wrong place earlier so here it is again sorry

Hi Everyone, I was looking for help and found this great site. My name is Russell I live in Mustang Ok. I have a 1986 944 this is the second 944 i have owned and I have also owned a 1977 924 years ago.
Last week we had a bad storm come through the city along with the hail damage I ran over a lot of debris including metal and large limbs that was blowing around with the 70 MPH wind it cracked the front spoiler busted the fog light and cut a hose on my compressor. The next morning I had a puddle of brake fluid under the car and have lost the Clutch Master cylinder. My question is could this be from the debris also? I have an insurance man coming out tomorrow and I don't want him thinking I am trying to rip him off.
By the way the wind was so bad it broke my rear window wiper lol, I couldn't find a car was in time.
If this isn't storm damage how hard is this to replace?
Thanks for your answers
Russell
Old 07-21-2009 | 11:47 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

it wouldnt be from debris as the clutch master is pretty far up and back. its next to the brake booster on the drivers side of the engine bay. the hardest part of the job is climbing up under the dash to attach the cylinder to the pedal, otherwise its not bad
Old 07-21-2009 | 11:52 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Pure coincidence in my professional opinion.
Old 07-21-2009 | 12:40 PM
WarHorse
8th Gear

Thanks Guys

Quick Reply: Clutch master Cylinder 944