Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Parting Alpine White 89 TurboS, Burgundy Interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The S2 is better that a regular (non S) Turbo for a number of reasons. Power is a little down (factory published), but the 3liter torque curve makes up for it. The lower gearing is better suited to the track than the Turbo gearing. With "legal" mods, which are questionable, they can actually put down as much power at the rear wheels as a TurboS. They have been known to dyno over 220hp at the rear wheels even though they were only 208hp engine hp from the factory (go figure)

You can run the S4 big black brakes on an S2,but not on a nonS Turbo. Not that it helps lap times, but it helps brake wear.

The biggest benefit is that they are bullet proof, and much easier and cheaper to keep running well than a Turbo.

So to summarize, quicker round the track, simpler easier and cheaper to fix than a Turbo and more reliable.

I had a blast in F stock with my TurboS but there are few stock cars to run with, and the numbers seem to be reducing. By comparison E stock where the regular Turbo's and S2's run there are lots of cars and competition and the numbers are increasing.

The fastest cars in Estock are the Euro911's, but S2's are not far behind.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:23 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by samluke
The S2 is better that a regular (non S) Turbo for a number of reasons...........................

The fastest cars in Estock are the Euro911's, but S2's are not far behind.
From what I understand, you can also legally run wider wheels on an S2. You are limited to widths of what was available +1". Turbos all came with 7's and 8's, but there was a rare option on the S2 for 8's and 9's (like the Turbo S). Therefore, you can legally run 9's and 10's on the S2, but not the Turbo.

I didn't think non-North American market cars were eligable? I thought it had to have options that were delivered here. For example, an A/C delete kit is supposedly not allowed, because no US delivered cars were built that way. Am I mistaken?
Old 08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
From what I understand, you can also legally run wider wheels on an S2. You are limited to widths of what was available +1". Turbos all came with 7's and 8's, but there was a rare option on the S2 for 8's and 9's (like the Turbo S). Therefore, you can legally run 9's and 10's on the S2, but not the Turbo.

I didn't think non-North American market cars were eligable? I thought it had to have options that were delivered here. For example, an A/C delete kit is supposedly not allowed, because no US delivered cars were built that way. Am I mistaken?
Technically, the S2 M030 option was 7.5 and 9s, so 8.5 and 10s are legal in PCACR. The F Class Turbo S cars came with 7s and 9s, so are limited to 8s and 10s. And yes, the E stock Turbos can only run 8s and 9s legally in PCACR.

RoW cars are legal, but need to be classed and run as a Euro spec car (which is a class higher for 911 SCs and Carreras). A US Spec/Classed car must have all US standard equipment. This is where the AC issue comes up.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oddjob
Technically, the S2 M030 option was 7.5 and 9s, so 8.5 and 10s are legal in PCACR. The F Class Turbo S cars came with 7s and 9s, so are limited to 8s and 10s. And yes, the E stock Turbos can only run 8s and 9s legally in PCACR.

RoW cars are legal, but need to be classed and run as a Euro spec car (which is a class higher for 911 SCs and Carreras). A US Spec/Classed car must have all US standard equipment. This is where the AC issue comes up.
Thanks for the clarification on all of that! I had seen the 8's/9's on the Turbo S before, such as on this site: http://www.cantonia.com/wheel_offset.html. However, I did a quick search, and most sites have the 7's/9's listed like you mentioned. Weird that the S2 M030 had bigger wheels than the other M030's, including the Turbo S.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:17 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

pm sent on a fender
Old 08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Richard,

Do you have the plastic hose (the rigid one) that routes air to the alternator?

Thanks much,

Rick
Old 12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Nvrmind
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm sending an email asking about some interior parts. The interior on my 88 944S has always been terrible (upgraded from a great looking/poor running 85.5), so I'd love to fix that...
Old 12-03-2009, 03:20 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

happen to have a set of intercooler pipes?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Default new car

Yes I still have a set of intercooler pipes, but I am not sure they are for sale as they're my last set of spares.

Most of the car has gone. I still have the white bumper cover, a header panel, one headlamp cover. For the interior I have the rear seat and cargo cover, center console, instrument cluster, A pillar covers and roof lining trim pieces.

I raced the new car first time out at Hallet in October and ended up in the tire wall attempting a stupid Banzai move, that clearly didn't pay off. So I am busy rebuilding again.

I never got to finish the paint scheme before Hallett. I guess that was a good thing as I only have to do paint, once now.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
DanR
Drifting

Hi Sam,

Sorry you had an incident again. Who were you racing with PCA? How much damage?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Hey Dan,

Yes PCA E stock.

I rushed and screwed up getting the car finished, and left off the brake bias valve without realizing it. I ran out of time to put the ABS on. The bias valves on the ABS manifold on ABS cars. Its on the master cylinder on non ABS, it never even occured to me. No bias valve= rear end lock up. I ruined all my tires on the first day spinning. The car was evil to drive and I was way off the pace.

I also never got to weigh the car or set up the supension. I was amazed to find I was also 150lb overweight.

Accident wasn't too bad, just bodywork and pride.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:30 PM
DanR
Drifting

glad it is an east fix, you will be back faster no doubt
Old 12-03-2009, 10:15 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeydude
happen to have a set of intercooler pipes?
yep. OEM
Old 12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

haha funny guys. I was wondering if he had a set that he was for sale.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is what I meant Nelson

I have an OEM set for sale, I switched to SFR's

Quick Reply: Parting Alpine White 89 TurboS, Burgundy Interior