Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help in checking out a S.F. Bay Area 944S?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help in checking out a S.F. Bay Area 944S?

(Note: this is an X-post from the 924/944 and 968 forums. Hope this is OK, if not, Moderator can delete.... I know that some members of any of these forums would be qualified to help on this one.)

Hi,

There's a car in Mt. View, CA (and owner works in Santa Clara) that I'm interested in purchasing. It's a very high-mileage, but supposedly well-maintained 1987 944S. Before arranging for a PPI, I'd like to have someone who knows these cars go and do a quick checkout to see if it passes an eyeball and seat-of-the-pants test. Pix look good, but you know how those go ;-).

I have a buddy in Santa Clara, with some limited knowledge, but I thought I would see if anyone here, with more knowledge and experience with these cars, might be able to help me out. We can work out some form of payment, or I can buy you dinner when I fly up to drive the car home (or next time I'm up there if I don't end up buying it).

It's an inexpensive car with, as mentioned, very high miles, but lots of engine and suspension work over the years. I'm kind of exploring a "sideways" move with my '88 924S, which I'm a bit disenchanted with at this point.

You can email me directly at: stp AT pobox.com, or reply here. I can send you the particulars on the car and we can take it from there.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

If you can wait a while I could do it while I'm in the bay area around late July..
Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
If you can wait a while I could do it while I'm in the bay area around late July..
Thanks, Spencer, but I need to get this done ASAP.

Quick Reply: Help in checking out a S.F. Bay Area 944S?