Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArthurPE
no violence:

get a lawyer, make him sorry...
then with the sheriff retrieve your property...
Couldn't agree more. First off it isn't like someone physically threatened you so why would you do the same? Thats foolhardy and childish. There is NO need for violence in anyway. Not to mention the fact that we aren't talking about some hardened criminal here. We are talking about Jim. Jim has been a huge help to this community and I have seen him go out of his way to help many rennlisters out without payment/compensation. The truth is people get in bad spots in life. **** happens and sometimes it just spirals outta control so fast you can't really keep up.

Who knows what his situation is and whats going on with him. He isn't some hardened crazy criminal physically threatening you for your property and so to retailate in that manner is outta line. Do yourself a favor and take the mature and much more productive method and make it legal. Its nothing to get a lawyer involved at 300-400$ use his letter head and get some correspondence done up. Deliver it with all the needed paperwork to the local law and explain the situation.

9 times outta 10 if they don't help you directly they will be able to point you in the correct and best direction to retrieve your property. Show up with 3 or 4 Guidos threatening to bash someones face in and you are likely to never retrieve your property back and might end up in court defending the need for violence in a property despute.

Collect yourself, get the paperwork, get the law, go get your property.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arthur has it right. Cut the chest thumping and let law enforcement retrieve your stolen property. This isn't worth inciting harm on another or inviting harm on yourself.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:30 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

For some reason there seems to be an assumptive shift that violence is going to happen. Cue the theme from 'Deliverance'. I don't know why some think that Jim is going to go all Commando and start swinging from the hip. I agree with the sentiment that something has gone wrong and he's sort of painted himself into a corner and isn't quite sure how to get back out. I'm sure he would rather this be fixed too. Perhaps get in touch with a few guys that seem to know him or live nearby and get them to quietly intervene and act as a middle man. I'm sure Jim has no intention of keeping property or money. Someone needs to do a little bit of diplomatic work behind the scenes and make this all a memory to drift off into the ether.
IMHO.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:22 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
For some reason there seems to be an assumptive shift that violence is going to happen.
IMHO.
You obviously don't know Jim too well, he is such a gun freak, that sleeps with his guns .
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2009, 03:56 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

LOL, so many liberals in this thread, can't we reason with him, we all need to get along.....with a guy who went total MIA aka the perp becomes the victim.

This saga is so old it is not even funny and still no communication................have you Einsteins maybe considered that the parts/car are long gone with the money?

Only on the intardnetz can some Joe while constantly pimping certain vendor(s) and bashing others for "stealing" products, OMG the irony, build a cobbled together Dynoqueen with a sheep like following of underaged kids and then some dude entrusts this "engineer" to fabricate up a complete turbosystem when he could not even keep a headgasket intact....................

BTW, where is his lapdog Reno ?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
LOL, so many liberals in this thread, can't we reason with him, we all need to get along.....with a guy who went total MIA aka the perp becomes the victim.

This saga is so old it is not even funny and still no communication................have you Einsteins maybe considered that the parts/car are long gone with the money?

Only on the intardnetz can some Joe while constantly pimping certain vendor(s) and bashing others for "stealing" products, OMG the irony, build a cobbled together Dynoqueen with a sheep like following of underaged kids and then some dude entrusts this "engineer" to fabricate up a complete turbosystem when he could not even keep a headgasket intact....................

LOL^ so much for being civil. I wonder if the ST is reading this thread

Reno just posted today saying jim was about to start work on the car. I have seen the car as well not to long ago so it hasn't disappeared. To many people know where jim lives for him to pull an online chop shop ordeal. In his defense he takes for ever to get to some thing hah
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

I suggest you ask for the ones labelled 'Heavy Days' and have a nice lie down. lol.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 AM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

oh my , And they wonder why violence rates is so high in the states.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 AM
ArthurPE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I carry a gun legally, trained martial arts since 1972, and take pride in my physical prowess and ability to wreck pain and havoc on others (when warranted)
hardly a 'liberal', which btw I don't consider a bad thing...

but showing up at someones home unannounced (he's not answering calls, PM's or emails) is a recipe for disaster in a contentious and delicate situation like this ...

get a lawyer, get some paper, then get a cop...

now as far as us 'Einsteins' (a personal hero btw) what would that make you?
jeffry dahmer? william gacy? lol

simmer down, I agree, this guy needs dealt with, but there are better ways to do than setting a situation up where violence is likely...are you gonna have a gun? illegally across state lines? chances are he's gonna have one...chances are your wife will be the one weeping...

get a lawyer, writ, cop
Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by TonyG
I'm speaking for direct experience.

That what I did. And the situation was a close parallel.

Next > I disagree with your position and your assumption that you would be within your legal right to use deadly force to protect propery (and in this case, the property doesn't even belong to him). And I'm sure you are not alone in your skewed interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. There's a lot of people that think they can use a gun to protect property. But then again, there are a lot of people that follow other people off cliffs...

And I'm stumped as to how you draw an analogy between someone steeling your property or your life's work and this guy going to a thief's house to retrieve his property.

What ever... Go buy more guns.

The bottom line is that he should show up with some big people to get what belongs to him. That's what I did, and what I would do again. I never implied that he should use force or break the law. That was your misinterpretation of what I said.

What this guy did, and continues to do is wrong.

I stand by what I said. He should hire some "big help" and go get what belongs to him. Then I would sue him for the other losses.

TonyG
Certainly I would not be in this situation and yes there is some intentional misinterpretation........ purposeful to make a crystal clear point.

To "go take" what belongs to him with the help of "enforcers" can certainly get out of hand quickly.
I happen to be well educated on the legal requirement for the use of deadly force. Let me point something out - your "enforcers" get out of hand and a serious risk of life exists for the one man. At that point deadly force is legally justified.

The above board method to retrieve the car/parts is for the legal owner with the assistance of a legal entity.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

I heard from Jim yesterday and he is working on Sweanders car. I can't say if the two of them have spoken or why they are not able to chat but, he called me yesterday and asked for some help. Sweanders, please pm me.

Here is the bottom line. (IMHO)
1. ST is a douche
2. He's a good wrench when he has the time to work on the car.(his pace, his terms)
3. see #1
4. He can care less about this thread, RL or what people think of him.(he calls people when he wants and goes quiet when he want, again, his terms)
5. see #3
6. I dare you to show up at his house looking for action. Anyone suggesting this, is an idiot and needs to stop watching Fox news.
7. see #1

Now, I'm not speaking for him and I could give a crap about what he does but for all you keyboard crazy, tough guys, the car is at his house and it is being worked on.. Why he doesn't get in touch with Anders is beyond me.

I'm not saying what he is doing is right, I'm just saying, he's not a crook. He has not stolen, sold, parted out or even damaged the car.

Personally, I wouldn't have let it go this long BUT, If I was the person missing the car, I would just go there
and take the car back.

I'm not defending him, just shedding a little light on the subject.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Your physical ability and Kung Fu skills are insignificant when compared to the power of the force, master tool is well trained in the teachings of the sith.

Honestly Jim is a very strong gay but what he has in strength, he lacks in character. Jim hated Tony Garcia for some reason unbeknown to me, every time he called, all he talked about was how he would love to kick Tony's ***, but he was always afraid to confront Tony.

This is my serious assessment of this situation, if Anders needs to get his stuff, just send anyone to recover it. Special Tool is such a ***** that he won't do anything about it, Lutjen is half Argentinian and we all know that Argentinians are wussies. If I was in Connecticut I would have done it already.

Originally Posted by ArthurPE
I carry a gun legally, trained martial arts since 1972, and take pride in my physical prowess and ability to wreck pain and havoc on others (when warranted)
hardly a 'liberal', which btw I don't consider a bad thing...

but showing up at someones home unannounced (he's not answering calls, PM's or emails) is a recipe for disaster in a contentious and delicate situation like this ...

get a lawyer, get some paper, then get a cop...

now as far as us 'Einsteins' (a personal hero btw) what would that make you?
jeffry dahmer? william gacy? lol

simmer down, I agree, this guy needs dealt with, but there are better ways to do than setting a situation up where violence is likely...are you gonna have a gun? illegally across state lines? chances are he's gonna have one...chances are your wife will be the one weeping...

get a lawyer, writ, cop
Old 09-13-2009, 01:46 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
This is my serious assessment of this situation, if Anders needs to get his stuff, just send anyone to recover it. Special Tool is such a ***** that he won't do anything about it, Lutjen is half Argentinian and we all know that Argentinians are wussies. If I was in Connecticut I would have done it already.
+1
Old 09-13-2009, 01:47 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by evil 944t
)

6. I dare you to show up at his house looking for action. Anyone suggesting this, is an idiot and needs to stop watching Fox news.

Tony with his impressive 4" 11 and 140 lbs can show up and I guarantee nothing would happen.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951

Tony with his impressive 4" 11 and 140 lbs can show up and I guarantee nothing would happen.
I'm not saying ST will kick anyones a$$. I'm just saying, there is no need for violence.

ps - I'm sure Tony would be fine. Thats a big disadvantage but, he'll be fine.

Quick Reply: Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?