Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweanders
FIgured that it was time for an update.

The tool is hiding, he seems to be a thief. Maybe it is time to call the police about now..
You shouldn't have waited this long. Call the Sheriff.... Enough is enough! Find a "reputable business" to perform the work you desire. It pisses me off to see someone on this forum take advantage of a fellow lister like this. Get your stuff back now.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to hire a local attorney.

It's clear that someone here verified that the car and the parts are in his possession.

That said an attorney local to him should be able to get possession of your car and parts without problem.

As far as the money goes.... You can get a judgement, but unless you're around to try to put the pressure on to collect on an ongoing basis, you're out of luck.

Hoping that this guy will "come through" is wishful thinking. That sort of thing should have happened long long ago.

Maybe someone local to him can recommend a local attorney?

TonyG
Old 08-21-2009, 02:19 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't imagine being without my car that long. Especially knowing that it's in pieces in someone's garage. Actually... I'd be pissed and probably would have taken a much needed plane ride by now. I mean. I'm someone that likes to monitor stuff, so I'd be the guy always checking in and actually SEEING how things are going. I have a general lack of trust when it comes to putting my things in other people's possession.

I would NOT have let something like this happen. Not without steady communication and a general deadline.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:36 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

tool's primary business was concrete and masonry work and had become quite suscefull in his line of work. Now, working with cars was more like a hobby than business. As I said before maybe he got caught by the financial slow down, who knows? Personally I sold lot's of parts to Jim and he was quick to pay for his transactions, this situation it's entirely shocking to me. Btw the way those who think paying a visit to Jim will intimidate him, don't try it that's my advise.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:45 PM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by lart951
tool's primary business was concrete and masonry work and had become quite suscefull in his line of work. Now, working with cars was more like a hobby than business. As I said before maybe he got caught by the financial slow down, who knows? Personally I sold lot's of parts to Jim and he was quick to pay for his transactions, this situation it's entirely shocking to me. Btw the way those who think paying a visit to Jim will intimidate him, don't try it that's my advise.
intimidation wasnt really a factor but rather showing your more then just a voice or a picture on the computer would be a good thing.

But "speak softly and carry a big stick" also works
Old 08-21-2009, 02:53 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

get an attorney
get a judgement
contact all the credit agencies
sieze property
lien/attach his business license and notify his insurance/bonding company (he's a contractor)
lien his home

do what ver it takes, but do it quietly and in private...
obviously outting him doesn't matter to him...
hit him where it hurts...wrack him up some legal bills and prevent him from bidding work
that should get his attention
we check out our contractors, if they have judgements/liens/etc., we disqualify them...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

violence is never the solution to a financial/legal issue...
there are far more creative and painful ways to 'get even'
an *** kicking is over in minutes...financial damage and lost business can reverberate for years...and it's legal
Old 08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Intimidation? You think that would be the nature of a visit to someone with possession of someone else's property? No no no no. It's about making sure everything is working out somehow or getting stuff back. I don't think anyone would want to show up at someone's place to simply intimidate. That's a bad idea anyhow.

If I were going through this, I'd probably have flown out a few times to check up on everything. It keeps work productive and at least offers piece of mind.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:09 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

Originally Posted by 944obscene
Intimidation? You think that would be the nature of a visit to someone with possession of someone else's property? No no no no. It's about making sure everything is working out somehow or getting stuff back. I don't think anyone would want to show up at someone's place to simply intimidate. That's a bad idea anyhow.

If I were going through this, I'd probably have flown out a few times to check up on everything. It keeps work productive and at least offers piece of mind.
at this point showing up is a bad idea...it's obvious that the deal has fallen through...defaulted

how low do you want to go?
check for
unpaid tickets
unsettled judgements
child support in arrears
warrants
etc.
(if he operates his business like this transaction, more than likely you will find 'things')

most locales you can hire the sheriff or constable to serve, and possible arrest him if there are warrants...

for those who say he's too busy because his business is succussful, hogwash
why not return the money, keep the car/parts and when the work is finished give the OP a call and make a fair deal?

why? because he has the parts and $$$ and is of low moral fiber
Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

idk how he could be in financial problems, i offered him too come bid on doing a decent amount of concrete work at my business and he never showed up.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The matter in question is; did tool offered to work in sweanders car as fellow lister trying to help or it was a business deal? either way it's wrong to purposely delude someone, I doubt that was tool's intention. He had to ran in to some kind of bad financial situation, as have many people and business with the current economy.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:16 PM
ArthurPE
Race Car

The matter in question is; did tool offered to work in sweanders car as fellow lister trying to help or it was a business deal? either way it's wrong to purposely delude someone, I doubt that was tool's intention. He had to ran in to some kind of bad financial situation, as have many people and business with the current economy.
did he pay him?
either way, a verbal agreement and exchange of value...one way so far...that's an agreement and can be litigated

intentions matter not, only the reality: money gone, no communication
the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

so in turn, HE became sweanders 'bad financial situation'

yes, many people have money problems, the majority do not confiscate the property of others without remorse or explanation...
Old 08-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

If you read the thread you see this from Anders:

"After he tore the car apart and got money from me to buy the necessary parts for I have been ignored by him. He does not answer my calls, e-mails or PM's.

So there you have it, the Rennlist icon Jim "Special Tool" Lutjens owns me more money than most 951's are worth and have a hacked up M5 of mine sitting in his garage."
Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
If you read the thread you see this from Anders:

"After he tore the car apart and got money from me to buy the necessary parts for I have been ignored by him. He does not answer my calls, e-mails or PM's.

So there you have it, the Rennlist icon Jim "Special Tool" Lutjens owns me more money than most 951's are worth and have a hacked up M5 of mine sitting in his garage."
that's one side of the story and if you are as old as I am you will find out that there is always two sides to a story. but honestly, I only wish that tool had the ***** to show up and come up with an explanation, plus the car & money. I would.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

that's one side of the story and if you are as old as I am you will find out that there is always two sides to a story. but honestly, I only wish that tool had the ***** to show up and come up with an explanation, plus the car & money. I would.
True statement. The sad fact is that Anders apparently has not received any communication from Tool (after reading the entire post) and as a result, had no choice but to post on this open forum. Sad... I agree with Tony, hire an attorney.

Regardless of someones financial situation (speculation from others on this board) it doesn't give Mr. Tool the right to duck Anders.

Quick Reply: Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?