Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's recently been seen over on the 968 forum: https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...r-a-968-a.html
Old 06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I`s been a long time since this has been updatet..
Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by blodstrupmoen
I`s been a long time since this has been updatet..
No ****, I bought a car and had it sent to Jim to build an ORR car out of it.

After he tore the car apart and got money from me to buy the necessary parts for I have been ignored by him. He does not answer my calls, e-mails or PM's.

So there you have it, the Rennlist icon Jim "Special Tool" Lutjens owns me more money than most 951's are worth and have a hacked up M5 of mine sitting in his garage.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by josephsc
He's recently been seen over on the 968 forum: https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...r-a-968-a.html
Feels great that my money are at use shopping for new toys for someone else.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This isn't going to end well..
Old 06-03-2009, 04:22 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Originally Posted by sweanders

After he tore the car apart and got money from me to buy the necessary parts for I have been ignored by him. He does not answer my calls, e-mails or PM's.

So there you have it, the Rennlist icon Jim "Special Tool" Lutjens owns me more money than most 951's are worth and have a hacked up M5 of mine sitting in his garage.
Maybe Tool went a bit over his head on this one and thats why the project stopped..
Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

And if somehow the project would be resurected you might try giving this guy a call ..

No need to re-invent the wheel ..
Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn. Alot of d-baggery has been happening lately and I think its due to the poor economy. People are hurting more now than ever and when money's tight things start to fall by the wayside.

I've never ever known Jim to be anything but, totally stand up and a great person. This news is quite shocking perhaps he has some other major problem thats preventing him from getting intouch with you? I know some members don't like to publically talk about stuff so maybe he has a real problem(medical/family) that we don't know about.

Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. How longs it been since you've heard from him and since he was supposed to be getting things back to you?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:47 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by R4][N_M4l{3R
This isn't going to end well..
+1000000000000000000000000
Old 06-03-2009, 05:58 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris White
'Danno vibes'...I hope that Jim hasn't picked up an abusive girl friend....oh wait, maybe that Evil 944t...

I kid...
No, Evil has the enormous dogs who could tow most 951s around and possibly one of the most understanding girlfriends ever
Old 06-03-2009, 06:00 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
damn. Alot of d-baggery has been happening lately and I think its due to the poor economy. People are hurting more now than ever and when money's tight things start to fall by the wayside.

I've never ever known Jim to be anything but, totally stand up and a great person. This news is quite shocking perhaps he has some other major problem thats preventing him from getting intouch with you? I know some members don't like to publically talk about stuff so maybe he has a real problem(medical/family) that we don't know about.

Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. How longs it been since you've heard from him and since he was supposed to be getting things back to you?
Last e-mail I got form Jim is over a year old. Last phone call is almost a year old. Last PM is also over a year old.

I have been trying to get in touch with him for a while, or more specifically for almost a year now.

At least he could get his act together and send me the new parts that are sitting in his place, stuff I ordered for the car and could resell or use.
A couple of thousands worth in new parts, and then pay back the $5000 cash that I wired for suspension and engine parts. Then there is the E34 M5 that was in perfectly driveable condition that is sitting at his place that is now more or less in pieces... And I would like him to send me the title for the car...

First of all I want to settle this thing, second of all I want to warn other Rennlisters.

Scary thing is that since I posted this thread I have learned that there are several Rennlist members that have unfinished business with Jim.

For all those who know me personally are aware of that I am not the person to jump to conclusions and I give a lot of trust when deserved. Once that trust is used up I tend to come to a point where I solve issues.

I will solve this issue, it is just a question of how complicated things have to become. I don't like complications but do know how to handle them.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:07 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Last e-mail I got form Jim is over a year old. Last phone call is almost a year old. Last PM is also over a year old.
I have been trying to get in touch with him for a while, or more specifically for almost a year now.

At least he could get his act together and send me the new parts that are sitting in his place, stuff I ordered for the car and could resell or use.
A couple of thousands worth in new parts, and then pay back the $5000 cash that I wired for suspension and engine parts. Then there is the E34 M5 that was in perfectly driveable condition that is sitting at his place that is now more or less in pieces...

First of all I want to settle this thing, second of all I want to warn other Rennlisters.

Scary thing is that since I posted this thread I have learned that there are several Rennlist members that have unfinished business with Jim.

This is bad.
Holy ****.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

A couple of thousands worth in new parts, and then pay back the $5000 cash that I wired for suspension and engine parts. Then there is the E34 M5 that was in perfectly driveable condition that is sitting at his place that is now more or less in pieces... And I would like him to send me the title for the car...

For all those who know me personally are aware of that I am not the person to jump to conclusions and I give a lot of trust when deserved. Once that trust is used up I tend to come to a point where I solve issues.

I will solve this issue, it is just a question of how complicated things have to become. I don't like complications but do know how to handle them.
Mmmmmmmm wow...
Old 06-03-2009, 06:25 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by Chris White
'Danno vibes'...I hope that Jim hasn't picked up an abusive girl friend....oh wait, maybe that Evil 944t...

I kid...
Danno is married nowadays.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danno is married nowadays.
Lucky gal.

Quick Reply: Special Tool - how do you like my new avatar?