Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Car dies in traffic, help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 05:51 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris951
Paragon has some reference sensors that are made by oem bosch, but are much cheaper with the same quality. http://www.paragon-products.com/Refe...61.210.002.htm
Yes i found the same Bosch sensor here locally for $111 CDN and free shipping. Pretty good deal.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it started acting up right after you got it from the shop I would take it back and at least see if they will diagnose it for free.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mortymower
If it started acting up right after you got it from the shop I would take it back and at least see if they will diagnose it for free.
They did and for free. Check out https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...t-opening.html

They had a no start situation after a test drive. They couldn't get it going again and they diagnosed it down to the DME computer after checking fuel pressure and spark. So they put my DME into another car and that car started up fine. When they put the DME back into mine it started up no problem. i think the key issue that the car needs to be hot. My car starts fine cold.. just when it's hot it dies and i have to wiggle the ref. sensors.

Unfortunately, the shop had my car for almost 4 weeks and I wanted it back .. it was working when i picked it up. The tach needle jumps so the DME is getting a signal.. i think it's the speed sensor or the harness itself.

Quick Reply: Car dies in traffic, help!