Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

550WHP Porsche 944 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oops...Piper said he'd like to buy yours, I actually meant your car was for sale a while back! At least I seem to recall drooling over all the specifics!

Originally Posted by TonyG
I didn't know.

I'm always looking for interesting cars. The deal with this car is that I would be potentially buying it to specifically race a certain class. If the car wasn't legal for that class, I wouldn't be interested.

TonyG
Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
What else is in GT1 on a Regional list?
Anything tube framed, and anything under somewhere around 6lbs/hp ish... (roughly speaking). I the POC, there are 700Hp turbo 911's in GT1.

TonyG
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
If you buy this car I want your V8 951
Get your cash ready.... I saw the vision car today. I'm gonna drink some red wine and decide. If I buy this car, my LS6 951 is gonna go, which sucks because I just installed a brand new LS6 engine....

TonyG
Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Don't think, just drink!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
If you buy this car I want your V8 951
Nooo!!!! lol

Why? you have seen even on low boost you eat up modern V8's all day long. You have even embarrassed several LS6.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:04 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

$85k....just saying....

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...-for-sale.html
Old 08-24-2013, 01:18 AM
ClassicCarreras
Advanced

Digging up a old Tread. The Martini 944 Turbo ORCA is on its Way to Alabama! Picked it up in Monterey Car week.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:23 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassicCarreras
Digging up a old Tread. The Martini 944 Turbo ORCA is on its Way to Alabama! Picked it up in Monterey Car week.
Awesome !!! please tell me it will be running at Barber and Road Atlanta
Old 08-24-2013, 04:09 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

That's great news. Keep us posted on it's progress and any future pics and more importantly, videos!!!
Congratulations, great to see that it's gone to a good home.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Phil Millard
1st Gear

Be careful....That is no longer the same car that was built by Vision Motorsports, I was for a time involved in attempting to help the previous owner sell this car, but when I visited the "shop" (and I do use that term loosely) where the car was being worked on, we (myself and a rennlist member/potential buyer) found the car had suffered fire damage to the brakes, suspension and engine. The engine was partially torn down, and....well let's just say the car is NOT the same winning machine it once was.

Good Luck!
Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Oooh...the plot thickens!! Strong first post.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:36 PM
ClassicCarreras
Advanced

Originally Posted by Phil Millard
Be careful....That is no longer the same car that was built by Vision Motorsports, I was for a time involved in attempting to help the previous owner sell this car, but when I visited the "shop" (and I do use that term loosely) where the car was being worked on, we (myself and a rennlist member/potential buyer) found the car had suffered fire damage to the brakes, suspension and engine. The engine was partially torn down, and....well let's just say the car is NOT the same winning machine it once was.

Good Luck!
Endless this car was torn down and restored there is not any signs of fire. But the whole purposes of the car is for fun and collection. We are a new company focusing on the passion of Porsches and with collecting and selling Porsches, I come from a Porsche Back ground. So this is not our first rodeo. Yes the car will be used at barber motorsports park that is only a hr 1/2 away.

Website is in the beginning stages but here it is
www.trisslsportscars.com
facebook.com/trisslsportscars
Instagram jschurfeld
Old 08-24-2013, 06:35 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by ClassicCarreras
Endless this car was torn down and restored there is not any signs of fire. But the whole purposes of the car is for fun and collection. We are a new company focusing on the passion of Porsches and with collecting and selling Porsches, I come from a Porsche Back ground. So this is not our first rodeo. Yes the car will be used at barber motorsports park that is only a hr 1/2 away.

Website is in the beginning stages but here it is
www.trisslsportscars.com
facebook.com/trisslsportscars
Instagram jschurfeld
I was going to purchase the car but when I inspected the car I declined.

The car had an what I suspected to an oil fire in the engine bay. The shop that had pulled the engine out and worked on the engine (a filthy shop that had zero business touching that car in the first place...) tried to BS me as to what they were doing and why.

The reason I think it was an oil fire is because 1) the bottom of the car was coated in oil. 2) the rear shock had collected oil and it was running off the shock. 3) the PS rack boot was melted. 4) the inner tie rod where the PS rack boot was melted, actually had a melted tie rod joint which caused a large amount of slop in the steering. 5) the engine bay had some discoloration which resembled burnt paint.

This most likely explains why the engine was pulled out from the car.

When I got there the bare long block was installed. When I questioned the shop as to why they pulled the engine, they told me that they were "resealing the engine" (yeah... probably because it had a big oil leak that caught fire...). However, I noticed that the intake ports had paper towels stuff into them and when I pulled the paper towels out, the intake ports were dirty. So it's clear that they didn't service cylinder head.... which is very odd since they claimed to have replaced the head gasket.

They told me that they were going to get the rear shocks rebuilt because of them leaking oil (which I'm sure was not the shocks leaking, but rather oil that had collected on them from the oil leak).

When I commented on the engine management system they said that they were going to replace it with a newer version because the current version was DOS based. Um... yeah. [I kept a straight face through that one...]

Anyway... if it were me, I'd take the engine out and send it to Vision so they can inspect and service it. They have all the data on the car and the engine. Then I would verify that the tune is correct in case the shop had their hands on the engine management sys.

It's a great car though. Congrats with the purchase.

TonyG
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 PM
joster86turbo
Instructor

I was curious if anyone ended up buying it. I watched it Live on tv when it didn't sell and entered "the BID goes on..."
I would have liked to be the old lady behind the wheel as it crossed the block...

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...=&startRow=109

Old 08-24-2013, 08:46 PM
ClassicCarreras
Advanced

Originally Posted by joster86turbo
I was curious if anyone ended up buying it. I watched it Live on tv when it didn't sell and entered "the BID goes on..."
I would have liked to be the old lady behind the wheel as it crossed the block...

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...=&startRow=109

I bought it

Quick Reply: 550WHP Porsche 944 Turbo S