Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

stripping the interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 02:08 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok the interior is getting painted on Tuesday. This is going to be impossible haha. I just told our painter at the shop to keep Tuesday night open, this way I wont flake out and take forever. I didn't have more than an hour to work on the car today at the shop but I did get the tar mat over the gas tank off and some hairy stuff. This should get interesting lol

thanks for all of the help guys!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DanR
Just dont do what I did. Soend 40 hours cleaning and painting and now going to spend the weekend fitting carpet to cover up my hard work so I can still race in class
I did the same thing, but I did it on purpose. The new sound deadeners/dampeners available on the market today are considerably lighter than what came in our cars. The World Upholstery Feintuft carpet set is extremely light too - 26#, including the cardboard box in which it was shipped.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:37 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CurtP
I did the same thing, but I did it on purpose. The new sound deadeners/dampeners available on the market today are considerably lighter than what came in our cars. The World Upholstery Feintuft carpet set is extremely light too - 26#, including the cardboard box in which it was shipped.
Interesting.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:11 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

So did any or most of you weigh what came out of the car?

Also, I was speaking to Markus (Orange Jagermeister car) and he said that he or a friend stripped a car out and used a high pressure water hose with pre heated water? Anyone done this?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:45 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
So did any or most of you weigh what came out of the car?

Also, I was speaking to Markus (Orange Jagermeister car) and he said that he or a friend stripped a car out and used a high pressure water hose with pre heated water? Anyone done this?

I used a pressure washer to remove the last little bit AFTER scrapping. It didn't remove the thick stuff.

I weighed everything I could get out, all 4 fenderwells, trunk floor and passenger floors. If I remember correctly, It was only 35lbs. I can't remember but it was nothing to write home about. I would not do it on a street car and for a track car, I would dip the chassis, its way easier.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:10 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

IIRC, my factory carpet was around 60#. I don't recall if that included the jute or not. I did not weigh the deadener.

Quick Reply: stripping the interior