Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Removing Pins from DME Plug

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 951Saga
I’d like to see the correct Bosch tool. Do you have a source or are they NLA? The tool I made works very well regardless, you can see it here.
The JPT pin tool is shown in your pics...

The ones I have from bosch might be a little different in size or spacing, but I have used them to remove DME connector pins several times!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all. Goy sick of trying to extract these and ended up just stripping a piece of insulation off and soldering the LM-2 analogue lead to the bare wire. That tool would be useful though. If I ever remove it I'd look to run heatshrink sleeves over the exposed wire.

Where can you get the tool from?
Old 12-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Irish44j
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MM951
I didn't read the thread, but the easiest thing you could possibly use to remove the pins is cheap and easy to make.

Take one of those female hair clips (brown, straght on one side, squiggily on the other. a bobby pin?) straighten it out, cut the ball of one of the ends an stick in the DME plug to release the clip. Gently tug on the wire while you do this and they will come out effortlessly and undamaged each time.
I know this is a really old thread, but when trying to remove multiple pins from my DME plug I tried about a dozen different small tools, paperclips, etc. Then I read this suggestion. My wife had a bobby pin just like that and I did what you suggested.......and it worked perfectly. Clearly a bobby pin is the exact correct size and dimensions.

So, 7 years later, many thanks!
Old 12-03-2018, 11:34 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100% agree with the bobby pin method.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:14 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish44j
I know this is a really old thread, but when trying to remove multiple pins from my DME plug I tried about a dozen different small tools, paperclips, etc. Then I read this suggestion. My wife had a bobby pin just like that and I did what you suggested.......and it worked perfectly. Clearly a bobby pin is the exact correct size and dimensions.

So, 7 years later, many thanks!
That made my day! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Removing Pins from DME Plug