Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Started her up 4 months sitting!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009 | 06:31 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Started her up 4 months sitting!

I walked up to the car, with my worry face. Put the new battery in - started her up! drove around the block and everything is great! 14+ volts, lights, windows, radio. This really put a smile on my face

.. and I only when around the block once and i seen a few folks in turn heads. One guy was in a new Saab.
Old 03-09-2009 | 10:08 PM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

That's great Sebastian. I can't wait to drive mine again. I sometimes sit inside it and pretend (don't tell anyone!). I just have to replace my heater hoses/control valve and the dreaded "Rats Nest" of hoses under the intake and then I can put my belts back on, coolant in, fire her up. Oh yea, I have to drop the tranny to replace a badly leaking input shaft seal. Not looking forward to that job. I hope to have it out for a spin the first or second week of April.
Old 03-10-2009 | 02:05 AM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Yeah I'm not really "driving it" yet i still have a lot of work to do. Radiator change, Belts and waterpump + rollers, Thermostat, Fan switch, oil line, Front engine reseal and my turbo waterpump doesn't stop when i turn her off (i've been disconnecting the battery!) I did the heater hoses and control valve last summer. I see you have phonies, good man!! Maybe when she is 100% i'll drop by Kingston sometime.
Old 03-10-2009 | 03:47 AM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

I couldn't believe it really. This car actually makes me happy. I do many things to pass the time, and I do get some fun .. but nothing comes close to the amazement and delight of owning my first Porsche. If you ever need to donate your money to cause, donate it to your Porsche I caught myself smiling driving it .. I never really smile lol Is their a Porsche religion? i want to sign up...
Old 03-10-2009 | 03:30 PM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, good old phone dials. I am old enough to remember when they first came out and I liked them then, still like them now. I have done the front seals and water pump already. Sounds like we are doing similar maitenance. This is my first Porsche. I plan to keep it stock this year and just learn how to drive it. After that I will probably make one mod at a time, starting with tires and suspension, so I can see the difference it makes. Unless the unexpected happens, like the need for a complete rebuild. I would love to get together sometime and chat. My son lives in T.O. so we are up there periodically as well.
Old 03-10-2009 | 08:51 PM
special tool
Banned

What a coincidence!
I just put the charger on some of my favorite equipment not 2 hours ago......
Old 03-10-2009 | 08:58 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by special tool
What a coincidence! I just put the charger on some of my favorite equipment not 2 hours ago......

Does that include the 250CR also? That thing is a beast!

Old 03-10-2009 | 09:19 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Does that include the 250CR also? That thing is a beast!

No!
I have to get rid of that mean ****... way too fast for me.

Charging my 951 and Alain's.
Reno tells me that the fest is even closer to the east coast this year!!

I would hope to see all NJ residents...

Quick Reply: Started her up 4 months sitting!