Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SFR crank sensor bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009 | 06:56 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Not enough amplitude on such small teeth were my problems. But then again. I wasn't using the 1/2" sensor chris mentioned / sent with the kit. It was verified DOA when I first tried to use it. Put it on an Oscilloscope. nothing. I was impatient and just got a different one. (paying for the dyno by the hour impatient) Could have been it. But then - yes I have the AC delete, I ran into that tensioner bouncing too much and causing the sensor to run into the teeth. Destroying it. Just one problem after another. I'm a bit frustrated with it myself.
Like I said, the 1/2 " sensor included in the kit was not used due to it being a manufactured defect, or hurt in shipping. Well, I tried to use it, but it left me on a dyno scratching my head for 2 hours trying to figure what was wrong since all sensors were new. I DON"T BLAME CHRIS FOR THIS. This is unfortunately common among aftermarket sensors. And, I never asked him to replace it since I was already on the dyno and needed an immediate replacement. I used another Generic Ford type sensor.
Im currently trying to see if I can cut 60-2 ring off 968 disc and machine it on my fidanza.

Although Chris, I did see a different trigger set-up in one of the pictures you posted of one of your engines you were building. it had a completely different 60-2 wheel on there that looked fairly nice. What set- up was that? I might be interested in using that if this 968 wheel thing becomes too difficult.

The bracket should not bounce around if the tensioner is tight since it is attached to two solid points that are also attached to the block.
Old 03-05-2009 | 06:56 PM
TurboTim
Banned

That is why you tension the belt first!
Old 03-05-2009 | 09:18 PM
95ONE
Race Car

It was on the longer arm because I had A/C delete. Not compatible as agreed by you guys. It was tensioned and tight. The clearance between the sensor and the wheel was 1.2mm. WHat clearance do you guys suggest? Any more clearance and the amplitude would go too low during start up. - but NOT the 1/2" sensor that was supplied with the kit since it didn't work when recieved.
Old 03-05-2009 | 09:28 PM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

I'm using .030" without any problems.
Old 03-05-2009 | 10:11 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

1.2mm. WHat clearance do you guys suggest? Any more clearance and the amplitude would go too low during start up. - but NOT the 1/2" sensor that was supplied with the kit since it didn't work when recieved.
Tec suggests around .6 - .7mm. They give it in inches but it comes out to be around that. I used .6mm. Maybe that was your problem...
Old 03-05-2009 | 11:24 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Well, I did go down in clearance, but it kept getting bit by the 60-2 wheel when I took it that close. It's ok. I will be using a larger 60-2 flywheel set up. Using the stock 968 ring and bracket.

Quick Reply: SFR crank sensor bracket