Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Electronic Boost Control - What is available? New Vitesse EBC Released!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Not really. I found it all out by myself.
May I suggest you try next time to find some used part that don't have x million miles.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast951
I will be ordering the solenoids today. Since it's a custom order, will give a update on the ETA when I have it. Of course, I have the write the installation and setup document.

For now, due to the safety issues, the VR-EBC will be offered to V-FLEX users only. Without the V-FLEX there is no way to trigger overboost protection.

I will update the website when I have everything in place to ship.
Sounds good John. Keep us posted.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Sounds good John. Keep us posted.
I spent most of the morning talking to the manufacturer. I placed a rush order, and should have the units by next week.

I will be adding the VR-EBC to the website. Meanwhile, if you want one shoot me a email. So I add you to the list on a First Come First served order.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I am interested as well, along with a MAF kit, a piggyback and a Zeitronix, but will contact you after you will have posted details on the sale event, assuming one is still planned.

Thanks.

PS : sorry for the OT bickering with marcoturbo
Old 01-19-2009, 02:29 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thom
I am interested as well, along with a MAF kit, a piggyback and a Zeitronix, but will contact you after you will have posted details on the sale event, assuming one is still planned.

Thanks.

PS : sorry for the OT bickering with marcoturbo
Yes, will be having a sale event. I will be posting something by end of day. The January special will be for RennList members only and not to the general public.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you decide to add more features to the EBC down the road I would copy some of these features if you want the ultimate boost controller.

controlling boost by time is a must for drag racing.

http://www.ams1000.com/home/e107_plu....php?content.3

BTW I am not ShApE, this is Jon, the tuner at the shop.

You can set that controller at 10 psi for a certain number of seconds (however long it takes to gain traction) and as soon as that time is up it will jump to a new preset boost level, almost like a traction control system but by your boost controller. This allows you to have the most amount of power at any given speed down the track without breaking traction.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShApE
If you decide to add more features to the EBC down the road I would copy some of these features if you want the ultimate boost controller.

controlling boost by time is a must for drag racing.

http://www.ams1000.com/home/e107_plu....php?content.3

BTW I am not ShApE, this is Jon, the tuner at the shop.

You can set that controller at 10 psi for a certain number of seconds (however long it takes to gain traction) and as soon as that time is up it will jump to a new preset boost level, almost like a traction control system but by your boost controller. This allows you to have the most amount of power at any given speed down the track without breaking traction.
Thank you for the link. The functionality we offer is fairly rich. Adding a timer will complicate things and will drive the price higher (which is not a goal). However, there is a way to configure it so you run a low boost then you switch to a higher boost, it must be triggered externally. I'm sure there are many ways to configure things, I will let the users do it. My goal is to show them how to set boost etc.. up to them to be more creative
Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast951
I spent most of the morning talking to the manufacturer. I placed a rush order, and should have the units by next week.

I will be adding the VR-EBC to the website. Meanwhile, if you want one shoot me a email. So I add you to the list on a First Come First served order.

Thanks.
done

Quick Reply: Electronic Boost Control - What is available? New Vitesse EBC Released!