Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Road Trip photo

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
We went through the Salt River Canyon. There are roads from 260 outside of Greer that go to Big Lake with very little traffic, if any. We may have seen three or four vehicles. The road from 260 to Big Lake is 20 miles of fairly new roads that winds from 7000' to over 9000'.
So they paved it... I remember it being dirt so I have never taken in the 951.

BTW... my favorite drive in Az is morenci to Alpine. Very nice!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:25 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great shots. Whos white one is that?
Old 11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean's car. He is a lister. His list name begins with Azmi.......or something like that. Sean, pipe in here. His car has the Tial prototype bolt on Garrett setup with Vitesse software.

George
Old 11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by M758
So they paved it... I remember it being dirt so I have never taken in the 951.

BTW... my favorite drive in Az is morenci to Alpine. Very nice!
It's still dirt from the Ski area to Big Lake. This road is the one just before Eagar on 260. I used to take my EVO from the Ski area on dirt roads to the tar turnoff going to Eagar. This loop is one of the best rally roads anywhere.

George
Old 11-21-2008, 02:55 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The car looks great George! You should get it professionally detailed and take some quality photos of it, and then change your Rennlist avatar too.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool George. I'm going to be down in Phoenix for a wedding next week and the girlfriend has a photo shoot with Aziani.com. If I get a chance I'd love to see it. Depending on how time is I'll get in touch. Right now it doesn't look good but you never know.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by George D
Sean's car. He is a lister. His list name begins with Azmi.......or something like that. Sean, pipe in here. His car has the Tial prototype bolt on Garrett setup with Vitesse software.

George
yeah I know sean. The car looked familar thats why I asked.

His dad lives in DFW. Nice car in person.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Very cool George. I'm going to be down in Phoenix for a wedding next week and the girlfriend has a photo shoot with Aziani.com. If I get a chance I'd love to see it. Depending on how time is I'll get in touch. Right now it doesn't look good but you never know.
Hey Joe,

I'm in Tucson. 1.5 hours S of Phoenix. Come on down if you have the time. I'm this weekend and next.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:54 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
The car looks great George! You should get it professionally detailed and take some quality photos of it, and then change your Rennlist avatar too.

Well, these photo's were taken after a 4 hour drive. The driveway to my place in greer is dirt. I didn't wash the car till this afternoon. It was covered in bug guts and dirt. There is enough wax on her to come out nice with a good wash. Know that I take care of my stuff, but drive em hard.

Ask Sean about my offroad vehicle. It's an amazing ride, but usually dirty. Sean post up about our offroad trips.......Lexus actually made a better differential after towing my 470 three times from Greer under warranty. At least that is what the letter states. Those Toyota folks know how to make an amazing offroad SUV and take care of their customers.

I'll take some pictures of the car tomorrow and update my avatar.

Rolex, what is the status of your car?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:06 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Car looks awesome George. I too am relishing in my new 3.0l. The power band is crazy. From start to finish the car is just insane.

What size wheels and tires are you running. It's time for me to go larger in the rear.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:08 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TurboTim
People are still spending money on their rides. We have been busier then we ever have. Its wierd because alot of shops in our area are closing the doors and calling it quits and we are taking appointments and are two months booked up. I guess those that do good work,will remain in business and those that dont,will be forced out of business.

And I need to ship something to you Patrick. Did you want one of those coolant tanks too? Let me know.
It has ALWAYS been thus! Keep up the good work.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:57 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

black mirrors look good hey ?with the tinted windows i hope i can a few guys together next spring for a drive like that i imagine southern blue mountains.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

when the gt racing bumper going on?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:27 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

I'll pipe in on behalf of Sean -- he's currently in Michigan visiting some friends. His car is beautiful in person -- very well-done. And, it's fast. So much usable power. Had my car not, er, been totaled, I was looking to buy the same turbo he acquired from Tial. IIRC it's a GT30 (not GT35) w/ custom stainless steel hotside. Ball bearing. Yes, a bit smaller than what we normally see, but it works great on the 2.5L motor.

Oh and his black mirrors are due to the mirror bras he's got on 'em.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
I'll pipe in on behalf of Sean -- he's currently in Michigan visiting some friends. His car is beautiful in person -- very well-done. And, it's fast. So much usable power. Had my car not, er, been totaled, I was looking to buy the same turbo he acquired from Tial. IIRC it's a GT30 (not GT35) w/ custom stainless steel hotside. Ball bearing. Yes, a bit smaller than what we normally see, but it works great on the 2.5L motor.

Oh and his black mirrors are due to the mirror bras he's got on 'em.
That's interesting. I continually wonder why guys go to such comparatively large turbos, on street cars. The one thing I always want is the fastest possible spool up. I mean Hell, by the time you max out a 26/6 you are in "Go STRAIGHT to jail" land! WTF is one going to use 600 hp that doesn't start happening until 4k?
I get the 3.X ltr guys. They have a bunch more grunt, down low; but on a 2.5, I prefer a compromise towards quick spool over dyno #'s.

Quick Reply: Road Trip photo