Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Quick A/C question (Voodoo look here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It should only take a 12 pack and a half a pack of smokes.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
The wire is the clutch for the A/C, just connect it to positive 12VDC and negitive to the case and you will hear the clutch pull in. Do you have oil in the A/C unit?
Thanks. Unsure about the oil, didn't really check and it's 45 minutes away at my parents house at the moment. Voodoo did you drain the oil before shipping it or is there still some oil in it?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:33 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I always thought the dessicant also goes bad (saturates) over time and with use, and that's why old AC systems smell like humidity right as soon as you shut them off. I always imagined that if I replaced my dryer that smell would go away....
Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
I always thought the dessicant also goes bad (saturates) over time and with use, and that's why old AC systems smell like humidity right as soon as you shut them off. I always imagined that if I replaced my dryer that smell would go away....
No, thats just crap that has built up in the heater core box/housing in the dash. You actually are supposed to blow the cc system for a while in vent mode after you turn off the a/c, because when the a/c is running moisture condenses on the evaporator in the heater box. The moisture then creates the mildew and stink and whatnot that lots of old cars have.

So, in answer to your question, the car should smell like moisture after the a/c is turned off because its blowing out all the moisture from the evaporator. There is no way to smell the desicant in the car because that is part of the sealed system - unless you have a brake in the lines in the cabin, but at that point I think you'd be more concerned with the freon than the smell of a desicant bag.

Quick Reply: Quick A/C question (Voodoo look here)