Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Woo-hoo! e-85 station 15 mins from my house

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
eniac
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
im going too convert mine i think. tuning isnt hard because it runs off of the stock computers ECU, bacicly a piggy back. the only problem i see is that it dosent have the pressure needed you need to pump the vapor too give it enough pressure to enter the manifold. otherwise it will get pushed back into the regulator. I work with a company that converts all our trucks and they say they can make me a kit too convert it. 110octain with meth injection ftw
huh?

To convert mine I simply pulled up to a pump and filled the tank after the low gas light came on with premium in it. I turned my base fuel map up 10% across the board and drove it away. After I ran the normal gas out of it I found I could turn the idle back down 6% but I had to turn the amount of fuel on acceleration way up. The rest of the map points are +/-5% so it's close to the same when just cruising.

I already had 86# injectors and a Link MAP controller so I changed nothing mechanical to run E85. Didn't even have to pop the hood.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

im talking about a LP conversion.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
im talking about a LP conversion.
Ahh, that makes sense then.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

yep, they do it with turbo desils. i was considering hooking up one of the kits that i have lying around for our desils. Im going too look into the conversion.

Quick Reply: Woo-hoo! e-85 station 15 mins from my house