Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Doing better at the Autocross -VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
was the goal of that event to drop as many cones possible?
Weird camera view. It looks like I did. But I didn't hit one of them.

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
why don't you get into real track driving? I started out on autoxing,
Besides, it's not until you get on a more full-scale track that you really get to see the virtues of the 951. Amazing cars, and doing autoxes you've only just begun to scratch the surface!
I have lots of track time. I Totally agree with your view. But, I don't think you understand. In my drifting post I mentioned that I was at Grand Sport Speedway Houston. Car radiator blew before I could get some good track time in. I missed the sign in on the lastPCA event. Time schedule wouldn't let me go to any others. Auto X's were my only available venue until This October 25 and 26th when I will be going to Texas World. Then I will be going to Houston Motorsport Ranch after that. Then back to Texas world. \ Possibly Texas mile. I'm still thinking about that one.

Then theres the cost. Just to go to those three events. It's around $1000, gas parts and hotel. Not cheap. But I am going. So, three events before the end of the year. Not bad actually since I wasn't able to go to any until August.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:05 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Nice that car sounds mean Now I know what mine will sound like if i strip the sound deadener
Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god your car is sexy.

I loved the video... We need MORE.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:10 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

What exhaust are you running Bruce? WG etc? It is pretty raspy, in a good way.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
god your car is sexy.
I loved the video... We need MORE.
Editing a short video right now. more is on its way. I want more power now. well I can have that with the Boost controller, but I want power that won't blow my motor up after a few short stints.

Thank you. It doesn't feel stupid fast today. but whatever. Maybe I'm starting to want the 550whp Bruce Package. Damn it. Sid's boost problem is catching up with me. I will hold back this year. I'll go crazy in the spring. Upgrading head and bottom end.

Originally Posted by 333pg333
What exhaust are you running Bruce? WG etc? It is pretty raspy, in a good way.
3" Stainless Straight, dumped out below transmission
open Wastegate. Straight to atmosphere.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:40 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bruce,

I put the engine out of my 83 in it.

It is 9.7:1.

I should have probably just fixed the HG or (whatever else happened as well). I decided to go this route b/c it is a mechanical limitation for me _read boost controller_on my DD (I don't quite trust this bottom end for that much boost).

Since I may not have the "real" engine done for the light car for the start of next year I thought the turbo longblock would work for an interim engine. I already know it can handle a decent amount of boost.

I am changing the DD a bit though, this weekend I am installing a .48 T4 twin scroll hotside (very close to a .63 T3) along with a smaller compressor (HX35). This will hopefully bring the spooltime down for a little more takeoff. After driving this car a bit I realized that it is a bit laggy and that I would like boost to come on closer to 3k than 4k. This also is b/c I am not running nearly as much boost so the big turbo is actually a negative for this combo. I do like the extra compression though it seems to be more of a regular car off boost
Old 10-11-2008, 11:42 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Editing a short video right now. more is on its way. I want more power now. well I can have that with the Boost controller, but I want power that won't blow my motor up after a few short stints.

Thank you. It doesn't feel stupid fast today. but whatever. Maybe I'm starting to want the 550whp Bruce Package. Damn it. Sid's boost problem is catching up with me. I will hold back this year. I'll go crazy in the spring. Upgrading head and bottom end.

3" Stainless Straight, dumped out below transmission
open Wastegate. Straight to atmosphere.
That's what I thought. It sounded kind of familiar. I've got a full 3" turbo back, no cat, no muffler (although w'g is tied in for road use) and it's got a similar raspiness when on boost. Makes people drop shopping bags and babies when you get on it in the street hehehe
Old 10-11-2008, 11:44 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blown 944
Bruce,

I put the engine out of my 83 in it.

It is 9.7:1.

I should have probably just fixed the HG or (whatever else happened as well). I decided to go this route b/c it is a mechanical limitation for me _read boost controller_on my DD (I don't quite trust this bottom end for that much boost).

Since I may not have the "real" engine done for the light car for the start of next year I thought the turbo longblock would work for an interim engine. I already know it can handle a decent amount of boost.

I am changing the DD a bit though, this weekend I am installing a .48 T4 twin scroll hotside (very close to a .63 T3) along with a smaller compressor (HX35). This will hopefully bring the spooltime down for a little more takeoff. After driving this car a bit I realized that it is a bit laggy and that I would like boost to come on closer to 3k than 4k. This also is b/c I am not running nearly as much boost so the big turbo is actually a negative for this combo. I do like the extra compression though it seems to be more of a regular car off boost
How much does this c/r affect the timing Sid?
Old 10-12-2008, 12:53 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

C'Mon Ptrick you know I can't mess with the timing .

I just pulled the 3 degrees from the FQS (should have increased EGT's but read on)

I have however noticed that the EGT's are WAY lower. After a long conversation and some thought I think it is from the ceramic liners. I believe this is what has slowed my spooltime as well. I really thought it would reduce with the added compression. I have triple checked all fittings and exhaust leak potentials. The only thing I can come up with is the liners really help to keep the heat in the crossover .

I may be wrong here but with the same AFR and timing I am seeing ~200 degrees lower EGT's. The probes are only 1.5" off the head too.

I am going to swap the turbo head on this week and confirm (or not) this notion

Bruce, sorry to muddy your thread with my crap
Old 10-12-2008, 03:02 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by blown 944

Bruce, sorry to muddy your thread with my crap
Power is what my threads are about. Continue on..
Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Saw the video now. Wow!
You were very busy with the wheel Looks like you did a really good job!
Great engine response too.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Duke
Saw the video now. Wow!
You were very busy with the wheel Looks like you did a really good job!
Great engine response too.
No kidding! I was physically tired after the run. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Doing better at the Autocross -VIDEO