Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Simulated Fun Run w/ Some Crotch Rockets Tonight..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:26 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
^^^ thats fine, ask Special Tool what happened to him when he simulated a race with a gsxr750 and we know he's over 400rwhp.
414rwhp to be exact @ 45psi
Old 09-06-2008, 02:27 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DDP
Yeah, it ran a 9 sec pass, full bodied. It's now stripped down, tubed out and soon to be 7's.
bikes are for queers and tiny little guys.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:38 AM
LUCKY DAVE
Racer

Location: Encinitas, ca PCA National DE instructor PCA San Diego chief driving instructor
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

An expertly ridden open class sportbike will humble ANY car, never mind a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder car. I don't care how much boost you have, you're not even on the same planet as a bike.
As far as bikes being scary/unstable at high speeds...just ask someone who's never ridden one, he'll tell you all about it.
I was a National roadracer for 20 seasons on bikes far meaner than any street bike, we didn't have any prolbems keeping the shiny side up.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:10 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LUCKY DAVE
As far as bikes being scary/unstable at high speeds...just ask someone who's never ridden one, he'll tell you all about it.
High five.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CPR- I don't feel the need to discuss my cousins background, but he is one of the better riders I have seen around Kansas city (not stuntin, though). He grew up on dirtbikes and had had two Honda bikes in the past 3 years or so. Talented rider and as far as 110+ on a bike being unstable...I have witnessed out the driver side window of my truck, a 1/2 mile wheelie at speeds past 110.

He wasn't someone who said "wow, this kind of speed only cost 5 grand?!?" and can sign titles better then he can ride bikes.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:22 AM
aventari
Instructor

It's been said to death, but I daily ride a lowly 04 CBR600 F4i and even this bike can destroy any car on the road at will.

As for them being unstable, I won't go over 110 or so on the street anymore, but on the track it's a different story.
Originally Posted by lart951
bikes are for queers and tiny little guys.
HURRRRRRR
Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by LUCKY DAVE
An expertly ridden open class sportbike will humble ANY car, never mind a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder car. I don't care how much boost you have, you're not even on the same planet as a bike.
I was a National roadracer for 20 seasons on bikes far meaner than any street bike, we didn't have any prolbems keeping the shiny side up.
...and that would make you one of the few exceptions to the "experienced rider" side...but as I am sure you have seen , "most" cannnot.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:30 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
CPR- I don't feel the need to discuss my cousins background, but he is one of the better riders I have seen around Kansas city (not stuntin, though). He grew up on dirtbikes and had had two Honda bikes in the past 3 years or so. Talented rider and as far as 110+ on a bike being unstable...I have witnessed out the driver side window of my truck, a 1/2 mile wheelie at speeds past 110.

He wasn't someone who said "wow, this kind of speed only cost 5 grand?!?" and can sign titles better then he can ride bikes.

You just refuse to completely read anything I post don't you? I know being 18 grants you extensive knowledge and experience in the real world...but just take a minute and read what I type objectively....trust me, I know this may be hard to understand, but my commentary is not a personal attack on you... it was not even you that I was in even referencing. So....roll....light....relax...let it go.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=CPR;5777169]Missing the point...we all know bikes are incredibly fast and that a 951 could never dream of beating one, even struggle to keep with one. The kid was just trying to say that the bikes took off, and were amazed when they turned around to still see him "generically" keeping up....however I have also heard alot of reference to "my________bike" (insert cousin, brother, sister, mother, whomever)...has anybody actually handled one of these bikes @ 110mph+QUOTE]

I'm not missing the point, I agree with most of what your saying. My reply was to shape. I don't believe SHape keeps up with 750cc bikes.

As for handling a bike over 100+mph.. Its easy in a straight line. I get passed by people I call "statistics" all the time. As far as My riding goes, nothing but the track for me, the streets are dangerous. Plus, when you ride a bike that feels like its idling at 100mph, the streets are boring.

ps - Lart, thank you for correcting me. I also wanted to add the ST's car is about 2000lbs, 3100lbs with Tool in it.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:36 AM
CPR
Race Director

[QUOTE=evil 944t;5778203]
Originally Posted by CPR
Missing the point...we all know bikes are incredibly fast and that a 951 could never dream of beating one, even struggle to keep with one. The kid was just trying to say that the bikes took off, and were amazed when they turned around to still see him "generically" keeping up....however I have also heard alot of reference to "my________bike" (insert cousin, brother, sister, mother, whomever)...has anybody actually handled one of these bikes @ 110mph+QUOTE]

I'm not missing the point, I agree with most of what your saying. My reply was to shape. I don't believe SHape keeps up with 750cc bikes.

As for handling a bike over 100+mph.. Its easy in a straight line. I get passed by people I call "statistics" all the time. As far as My riding goes, nothing but the track for me, the streets are dangerous. Plus, when you ride a bike that feels like its idling at 100mph, the streets are boring.

ps - Lart, thank you for correcting me. I also wanted to add the ST's car is about 2000lbs, 3100lbs with Tool in it.

Absolutely...and that thought process, is in part, why you are still with us today

I am done...off of the soapbox, and on to the pub...it is time to drink my way through what's left of Hannah.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:39 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=CPR;5778229]
Originally Posted by evil 944t
Absolutely...and that thought process, is in part, why you are still with us today

I am done...off of the soapbox, and on to the pub...it is time to drink my way through what's left of Hannah.

I hate these bike discussions but I had to jump in, lol

PUB?? sweet... Its only 9:35 am here so, I'm off to see my Mr.Coffee machine.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

man I didn't know I was starting a war. You guys can choose not to believe me, I don't really care lol. I have raced my roommate many times and it's the same results from a 100 roll. And for you guys thinking that your bikes can't get beat, please come down to austin lol, A cbr600 would get eaten alive at the car meets.

Austin's scene is really taking off (as you see by the videos). In order to be considered "fast" you really need 550+whp. It's like every week these cars are getting faster. Most of this is due to cars like the new z06 who come stock with an insane amount of hp.

Evil 944t. You seem to be the biggest skeptic here. I'm not saying that I beat my roommate, think about it 3 car lengths is almost 50 feet. Thats a pretty big gap. Gearing plays a huge roll in this too. One thing I forgot to mention (and would of cleared alot of this up) is that my roommate has a different sprocket for stunting. You can choose to believe whatever you want lol, im not gonna try to convince you.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:51 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

My car will PWNXOR any bike.

That is all.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:58 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShApE
man I didn't know I was starting a war. You guys can choose not to believe me, I don't really care lol. I have raced my roommate many times and it's the same results from a 100 roll. And for you guys thinking that your bikes can't get beat, please come down to austin lol, A cbr600 would get eaten alive at the car meets.

Austin's scene is really taking off (as you see by the videos). In order to be considered "fast" you really need 550+whp. It's like every week these cars are getting faster. Most of this is due to cars like the new z06 who come stock with an insane amount of hp.

Evil 944t. You seem to be the biggest skeptic here. I'm not saying that I beat my roommate, think about it 3 car lengths is almost 50 feet. Thats a pretty big gap. Gearing plays a huge roll in this too. One thing I forgot to mention (and would of cleared alot of this up) is that my roommate has a different sprocket for stunting. You can choose to believe whatever you want lol, im not gonna try to convince you.

I'm come from circles where 500rwhp gets you a pass not to get laughed at. And liter bikes get walked above 120mph running against cars with 900-1300rwhp.

I have plenty of first hand expierence. I'm not saying bikes can't be beaten im just saying no 951 on earth is going to be handing a wooping to a new 600cc rocket anytime soon, and forget about running one with mods.

I come from the land of turbo vettes, vipers, supras, and 700rwhp grocery getters too. Don't you forget

Its why I know my 951 is sloooooow and so is everyone else's on this board in comparison to whats out there today. We have a few quick 951's on this board. Some do it by getting rid of weight some with hp. None of them are in the relm of race gas supras, new bikes with good riders, ect.

For years there has been alot of bs spit out by some of the higherhp 951s on this board. Its only been recently that people are getting some real world expeirence by taking their cars to the track and trying to hit those trap speeds and going out and running events like the texas mile, racing against high hp cars, ect that people are starting to see the light.

the fastest 951 on this board would have a hard time beating and large single turbo supra on pump gas let alone race fuel that was properly built in the 1/4, the texas mile, from a freeway roll, you name it.

here's a familar car from shapes link

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...Gto_163323.htm

Last edited by porshhhh951; 09-06-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:31 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

CPR- Cousin was your first listed word.

And as far as Texas, has anyone seen Tampa/South Florida? Were talking guys who have a semi transport cars to another town, just to race. Its on youtube...and very fun. I have seen some monster single turbo supras and 600whp ek hatch civics (here in KC, which isn't renowned for street racing). These cars still aren't even touching some of the faster bikes out there. I have video of a turbo 'busa running in the 8.5X's with almost a 160 trap. I don't care, pick ANY street car and it would get eaten ALIVE by a bike of this caliber.

50 feet behind a bike? I was in my toyota and I was probably 800 or more feet behind my cousin. I could barely distinguish his bike (night time). He hit 140 from 60 in the time it took me to go from 70-85.

Quick Reply: Simulated Fun Run w/ Some Crotch Rockets Tonight..