Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

one of my crazier ideas ..HOLSET :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:43 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what size is the turbine housing??

Not sure if you are aware but Holset only uses a few sizes of turbine wheels and the non gated housing are very easy to come by
Old 09-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It's 17 cm2. I'm aware of the turbine housings but it doesn't bother me much since it's like that already from the factory.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sid - you have me thinking.

that housing seems ideal for a guy with fab skills (a.k.a. you) to whip up a crossover to try out true "twin scroll"

Flange at turbo end might be a little tricky to keep isolated, but you can do it! I would love to know the yield in this application

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
WAIT
suspect headers would have to be 1,3 and 2,4 for this to be of any benefit.
bummner
Old 09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
blown 944
Race Car

the t3 size holsets may be a little bit difficult but the larger would be pretty easy I think.

funny that you mention this, as I have a T4 .69 ar divided housing sitting on the shelf at my house that is for the same turbine wheel and DP. I also have an old set of headers off my Chevy Luv (way custom, I never could resell, engine was back 8 ") they have quite a few mandrels in them to use.

So all that would really be needed is another t4 flange and some piping

Or I could just get a t3 flange and use the holsets I have 2 of those.

It would be hard to do a direct comparo but I think that comparing the .58 t4 and the .69 t4 divided would be the best route and considering I am most used to that hotside I should be able to tell what it is doing pretty easy. Of course I won't get all "NIZE" or anything , but I feel I could give an honest report.

Problem with all of this is that this is "supposed" to be and stay my DD and I am "supposed" to be getting to work on the light car. It is very reminisent sp? of when I had my 66 prostreet nova and my 69 camaro. The Nova got so out of hand that is was not streetable so I started modding my 69 again and before I knew it they were both out of hand 8 & 9 second street cars Of coarse this time $$ is not the same so I should be able to keep myself in check
Old 09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
blown 944
Race Car

HMMM those damn headers just saw that. Of coarse what's a little more welding

I have heard that the twin scroll also changes the sound to more of a Boxer 4 sound too??

anyone have a good conversion chart for the cm2 to inches, or to be more precise to a .58 ar using a 2.54 exducer??
Old 09-02-2008, 05:07 PM
2bridges
Drifting

I feel your pain!

Still working a pro-street 1949 ford coupe - three different drivetrains to date, has yet to make it on the road HAHA.

I just need to figure out how I can retire and still manage to keep the income coming in so I can get caught up on my projects

Last edited by 2bridges; 09-02-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

Problem with all of this is that this is "supposed" to be and stay my DD and I am "supposed" to be getting to work on the light car.
Yea dude, what's going on with the mule?

The Holset looks like a slick setup btw! If you can keep that clutch in one piece for an entire run I think you'll be the next guy in the 11s.

Quick Reply: one of my crazier ideas ..HOLSET :)