Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

From Stock to 300hp. Requirements.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:45 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking out the side of your neck as in too stupid to understand the question above ..."[paraphrased] share your insight and experiences for the set-ups you have actually owned/used." How about opening your mind and giving some insight as to what you found worked best, seeing as how you have invested 10 years and thousands of dollars. And I don't give a s#$t whether it is Auto, Vitesse, Max, Powerhaus, Lindsey....or whomever. Some of us want to avoid making the costly mistakes you have in the past. I say mistakes becuase with so many different set-ups you obviously have had a hard time hitting on the right set-up.
...we wear ours on the right side..CK's 757fool.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:56 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's rich, you post some assinine "advice" in request to the original posters request for help and then later claim "some of us want to avoid making the costly mistakes you have". if you want to prevent people from making costly mistakes don't you think you should educate yourself a little bit more before misinforming them? (hint the search button works just fine) or are you still claiming that you can get 310-325rwhp from that setup? myself and others have shared lots of information about our setups in the past, it's all archived here for folks who really want to know.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:59 AM
CPR
Race Director

And your recommendation was....
Old 08-24-2008, 01:06 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CPR
And your recommendation was....
*sigh*, SEARCH!! if you had searched, for instance, you would have known that APE chips with their bowl shaped A/F ratio curves are not viable options.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 AM
CPR
Race Director

I am not concerned with Auto, as I know what they can and cannot do. If you think it is impossible for that set-up to achieve alittle over 300hp, okay, I get it. But what I asked was what is YOUR recommendation based off the multiple set-ups you have run. Numbers would be great.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:15 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He reccomends the Vitesse kit that he currently runs, which was almost dead on perfect, right out of the box...as are all of the Vitesse kits.
You say you're breaking 300 hp with your set up, so where are YOUR numbers to back that up?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

he doesn't get it E, i didn't make a recommendation because you guys already covered what i would have said anyhow. i guess sometimes you have to repeat over and over. if you want a great out of box solution that is reliable, has great support and and is extendible -- get a vitesse kit. if you want the absolute cheapest solution rogue ant had a good suggestion.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:23 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by shaheed
he doesn't get it E, i didn't make a recommendation because you guys already covered what i would have said anyhow. i guess sometimes you have to repeat over and over. if you want a great out of box solution that is reliable, has great support and and is extendible -- get a vitesse kit. if you want the absolute cheapest solution rogue ant had a good suggestion.
Your right. All it takes is an extensive search and the OP, much less CPR, wouldn't even need to ask the question.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:25 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by ehall
He reccomends the Vitesse kit that he currently runs, which was almost dead on perfect, right out of the box...as are all of the Vitesse kits.
You say you're breaking 300 hp with your set up, so where are YOUR numbers to back that up?
I never said this was MY set-up nor did I claim to have 300 at the wheels. I simply offered a response to the thread question. I've already e-mailed Vitesse earlier today to get his(their) insight on what he can do for my auto. What I asked "Shaheed" was the same that you responded to, only you stated what you were using (Vitesse) and how it benefitted you (it runs better everywhere).

Forget it this is pointless.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:51 AM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Lets put it this way lots of guys have made 300 to the wheels with all kinds of different systems out there. Tony G made 418 or some were around there with none popular brand tunning software.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:20 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Don't see 300WHP happening on a 26/6 - I seem to recall one with smt6 piggyback, maf, etc,etc. that had been tuned to death

Won't even get close without a good exhaust and propper wastegate..... even then iffy for most
Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 PM
MrPorsche951
Banned

I had absolutly no intentions of pulling anything of use out of this thread. A friend and I were curious what absolute bare minimum in mods are required to hit 300hp.

I never intended to start bad blood or take shots.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:46 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What? Hell this thread is a walk in the park. There's always a bit of heat, in a thread like this, but this one doesn't even move the needle, on the bad blood scale.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
2bridges
Drifting

yup - I don't even recall anybody's mama getting brought into it

Here is the real deal mr944 - the base costs to get you 300whp is a lot of the same stuff it takes to get 350. So with a bit more $$ now you are in the 350 range - and then the rest of the setup will need work to keep up with it.

I'll will give you some insight - it in no different with any other make or type of vehicle. When you start mods, there is a constant cycle of upgrading/reworking the weakest item and moving on. It is a cycle.
The more mods, the more required to support (clutch,trans,axles, etc,etc).
Old 08-24-2008, 02:53 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MrPorsche951
I had absolutly no intentions of pulling anything of use out of this thread. A friend and I were curious what absolute bare minimum in mods are required to hit 300hp.

I never intended to start bad blood or take shots.
well there is getting there and then gettng there consistantly and safely.

You could hit 300rwhp on a 26/8 with maf/chips/frp/full exhaust/wastegate/boost controller/misc. You'd have to run ALOT of boost and the turbo won't last long at that pressure level much less is it safe to run that on pump fuel.

You CAN do it but, the car won't last. The above could easily run you several thousand dollers just in parts.

Add a turbo to the mix and its no problem. Doing things on the stock turbo is where it gets tricky and difficult.

As its already been pointed out there are complete kits out there that will give you your desired power level safely and with ease. However they aren't cheep.

Asking about the "bare minimum" or how I hear it "cheep" and making it work is a dangerous thing. Cheep and porsche don't go together, mods only more so. It's going to cost you every bit of 5k to get that power reliably if you aren't doing the work yourself and thats asuming your car is perfect to start with.

Opitions like vitesse run even higher in the price range but, you get what you pay for at the end of the day. A vitesse system will truly deliver safety and power right outta the box. Its as close to purchased power as i've seen so far in the 3 different setups i've personally run. The other two required further modification/tuning/and work. The vitesse stuff just worked well right outta the box. However it required a larger check to be written.

So take it with a grain of salt. Oh and this thread is tame in compairison to stuff that gets going on this board. So don't worry about hurt feelings. No ones feelings are hurt here. We're all adults

Quick Reply: From Stock to 300hp. Requirements.