Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Racing fuel rail installation questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008 | 11:31 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Default Lindsey Racing fuel rail installation questions.

I got my fuel rail unused but from a third party and consequently didn't get any instructions.

1. Do most people have to shorten the -6 AN line going from the afpr to the damper at the end of the rail. I mounted the afpr that comes with the kit where most do - on the front wall of the battery box, and the line is way to long (2-3") and would have to be contorted to fit smoothly.

2. What is the recommended sealing agent for the straight thread fitting going into the end of the rail, in the damper and the afpr? Teflon tape? Pipe dope?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-01-2008 | 11:50 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

I left some slack in the short line to accomadate for the engine moving. Also for sealing the fittings there is this teflon like stuff gasiola http://www.petrodirect.com/product.asp?productID=1144 that is gasoline safe. Although some just use regular teflon tape but skip the first few threads.

Hope that helps
Old 08-02-2008 | 03:40 AM
95ONE
Race Car

I would HIGHLY suggest Drilling and tapping the 6mm (10mm bolt head) mounting holes on the manifold out to a 8mm.
Old 08-02-2008 | 12:25 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95ONE
I would HIGHLY suggest Drilling and tapping the 6mm (10mm bolt head) mounting holes on the manifold out to a 8mm.
Good idea.
Old 08-02-2008 | 12:53 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skip Wolfe
I got my fuel rail unused but from a third party and consequently didn't get any instructions.

1. Do most people have to shorten the -6 AN line going from the afpr to the damper at the end of the rail. I mounted the afpr that comes with the kit where most do - on the front wall of the battery box, and the line is way to long (2-3") and would have to be contorted to fit smoothly.

2. What is the recommended sealing agent for the straight thread fitting going into the end of the rail, in the damper and the afpr? Teflon tape? Pipe dope?

Thanks for the help.
The braided return line is designed to be mounted inside the wheel well, whihc means cutting the metal return line and using a compression fitting provided by Lindsey. In a stock configuration the metal fuel return and feed lines end in the engin bay directly over the header and many feel this is not too safe, particularly as the lines use standard hose clamps. The Lindsey system is sized so you can move return and feed connections into the wheel well area. that is why the line is so long. I am actually doing this job on my car in a few days and will be snapping a few photos for out fellow Rennlister's. BTW, the first set of comppression fitings that came were wrong. However one call to Linsdey and I had the correct set overnight. Nice of him to do so. These fittings are designed to mate to AN fittings directly. We'll see how long it takes and how it turns out soon. Stay tuned...
Old 08-02-2008 | 05:56 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy
The braided return line is designed to be mounted inside the wheel well, whihc means cutting the metal return line and using a compression fitting provided by Lindsey. In a stock configuration the metal fuel return and feed lines end in the engin bay directly over the header and many feel this is not too safe, particularly as the lines use standard hose clamps. The Lindsey system is sized so you can move return and feed connections into the wheel well area. that is why the line is so long. I am actually doing this job on my car in a few days and will be snapping a few photos for out fellow Rennlister's. BTW, the first set of comppression fitings that came were wrong. However one call to Linsdey and I had the correct set overnight. Nice of him to do so. These fittings are designed to mate to AN fittings directly. We'll see how long it takes and how it turns out soon. Stay tuned...
I think you misunderstood my question. I am asking about the short line that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail.
Old 08-03-2008 | 01:21 AM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Just in case someone searches in the future I tracked down the individual install instructions for the Fuelab regulator and the Marren damper/mounting tee on their respective websites. Fuelab recommends teflon tape for the pressure gauge and the vacuum barb fitting - the rest of the fittings are o-ringed, although I seem to be missing one. Marren recommends a teflon sealent on the two npt fittings, the -AN flare fitting obviously doesn't need any.
Old 08-03-2008 | 03:09 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Does this pic help any, Skip?

Old 08-03-2008 | 11:10 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Teflon helped with the leaking fittings. Even thou you should not use teflon tape because they are AN fittings and if not done correctly it can always get in the fuel rail. The only thing that should go on the AN fittings are the special anti seize made for AN fittings of course if its made correctly
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:34 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

I have nothing on mine and have no leaks at all.

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing fuel rail installation questions.