Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Goin' bigger so need a larger MAF, anyone want my SciVision?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
"The SciVision is an awesome product for a mild 2.5, but from what I've been reading, it just can't flow enough for big HP levels."

So, are you saying it's not physically big enough?
What's the diameter of the throat?
If you go back and search, you'll find several threads discussing how much the SciVision can flow. I believe its in the neighborhood of 680 kg/hr or something.

Hey Ryan, interested? huh? huh? I'll even help you install it!

Originally Posted by blown 944
You may want to check out the MAF translator pro that Rogue uses.

Honestly I only have a POS link piggyback myself and it works great but the translatorpro is head and shoulders above that and it will handle whatever HP your turbo and chips can handle. There would be no need to ever look to a larger MAF
According to the claims of supporting up to 380 bhp, taking into account a generous 15% drive train loss, that still puts you at ~320 whp so I don't doubt it can do 300+, I'm just aiming for higher numbers.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:44 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you may be confused. the MAf translator pro eliminates any MAF sensor and replaces it witha MAP sensor. That means ther is nothing but a filter in front of your turbo. No need to ever worry about how big the MAF sensor is again.

Read here: http://www.maftpro.com/tproinfo.shtml

It can be scaled to any power configuration up to 3 bar.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Darwantae951

Where is the MAP sensor placed? I'm not trying to go standalone here. I want something easy to set up, and then I pretty much leave it alone. I'm not that savvy with tuning my self.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone that needs custom MAF housings using the "conventional Ford sensor" (the same one we use,Lindsey,Autothority,etc.....) we can do it. Any size you want.Sorry if it was off topic but I seen Darwin needed a larger sensor.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Where is the MAP sensor placed? I'm not trying to go standalone here. I want something easy to set up, and then I pretty much leave it alone. I'm not that savvy with tuning my self.

The sensor itself can be placed about anywhere within reason (I tapped into the vacuum line to the KLR) It is only about 1.5"x3" max size.

I understand your hesitance to this. I had never tuned any EFI setup before this (all was mechanical). It is not a standalone it is really more like a Piggyback with quite a few more features.

You just need to have a chip that is burned for a _MAF_ curve(pretty much any aftermarket MAF chip for a Ford sensor). The tunerpro emulates the MAF signal. It can also be set to use a wideband signal to tune itself to a specific A/F under specific loads.

It is not quite as plug and play but does have a lot more features that can be used in the future for upgrades.

However for easy plug and play the vendors have that pretty taken care of using The current MAF sensors.

Just thought I'd throw this out since you seem to be upgrading pretty quickly this last year .
Old 07-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Darwantae951

Originally Posted by blown 944
Just thought I'd throw this out since you seem to be upgrading pretty quickly this last year .
Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. I'll look into it but one thing I don't want is massively huge install. I would like things to be as simple as possible without butchering the harness. I assume you will need to splice things into the main harness, correct?

And yes, I have been upgrading alot recently...damn car!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. I'll look into it but one thing I don't want is massively huge install. I would like things to be as simple as possible without butchering the harness. I assume you will need to splice things into the main harness, correct?

And yes, I have been upgrading alot recently...damn car!
Ah - I nearly missed this thread... been busy lately.

I will make this as close to plug-n-play solution as possible when I get some time... It already works really well, just a little more work on my part and its there. Plus it has some really cool extra options - like a fully functional electronic boost controller built in, timing control, and as soon as I actually test it stock boost gauge control!

-Rogue
Old 07-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Darwantae951

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Ah - I nearly missed this thread... been busy lately.

I will make this as close to plug-n-play solution as possible when I get some time... It already works really well, just a little more work on my part and its there. Plus it has some really cool extra options - like a fully functional electronic boost controller built in, timing control, and as soon as I actually test it stock boost gauge control!

-Rogue
Wow, so this is a kit you are making and are going to sell? If so can you PM me a little more info, I'd be greatly appreciated!

-Darwin

Quick Reply: Goin' bigger so need a larger MAF, anyone want my SciVision?