Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

3 1/2 years later...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

It is an '86 harness. The red connector in the passenger footwell is what you are looking for. Are you still planning to work on it tomorrow? I was planning to come up for a few hours.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Bryans951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I'm going to try to get back to the house as early as I can and work till either its done or I'm told to stop. Which ever comes first. My goal is to be able to drive it to work on Monday.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Bryans951
Burning Brakes

Quick update. We correctly hooked up the instrument cluster and went from running with no tach to the starter not even turning over. Over the next month, we ran thru diagrams to figure out what was wrong. I found a few places where I had plugged something up wrong (a/c temp switch into blinker wires. Made fans run until I turned the lights on). After dismantling the fuse panel, cleaning the grounds, and making sure the harness was secure, it runs. I even drove it to work one day. Still got to fix a/c, power steering, and the sunroof is stuck up. Oh, and it still has an oil leak somewhere. I think the wastegate is shot too. Lots more to do, but at least I can drive it. Man, I missed driving this car!!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:07 PM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Good job getting it running. Those wiring diagrams are a PITA to read!

A new fitting for the A/C, some flushing, vacuuming and charging will get you sitting in the cool again.

Is the oil leak from the oil cooler/lines, or one of the seals?

Why do you think the wastegate is bad?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet! Glad to hear it!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Bryans951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cruise98
Good job getting it running. Those wiring diagrams are a PITA to read!

A new fitting for the A/C, some flushing, vacuuming and charging will get you sitting in the cool again.

Is the oil leak from the oil cooler/lines, or one of the seals?

Why do you think the wastegate is bad?
I can't tell about the leak yet. There was a slight amount on the back side of the pan before I started driving it. I thought I fixed the leak from the cooler, but it could be from there too. I'm hoping that any spills will have burned off and I can get a better idea of where its coming from.

The wastegate just feels like its not holding pressure. I've messed with the **** of destruction but still can't get more the 10psi of boost. Nothing feels loose at the moment, but I've got some more digging to do to be sure.

Quick Reply: 3 1/2 years later...