Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where is Russell Berry??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:08 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
This has been a pretty common sentiment lately. Sounds like the days of .....committed to delivering the best products and service to the 944 market... is over huh? All that personal attention, commitment to service, and introductory pricing had to end eventually.

That's why I gladly pay more for some of my products as I know that if I need support, information, or someone to brainstorm with my e-mails or calls would be answered within 24 hours regardless of what day it was.

To be quite honest some of you guys are way too lenient on vendors to save a buck or two. I always get a chuckle when there are a half dozen guys who are pissed at a vendor that they're doing business with and then there are a few who say it'll be alright because said vendor is such a nice guy. Danno was a swell cat as well at one point. I guess what some people are willing to accept is really just a representation of current owner demographics. Tim at SFR has great stuff, and John at Vitesse is one of the nicest guys I've ever done business with but if I paid for a product and didn't get it I'd be busting their ***** daily (this is almost like a hobby for me) and if they didn't return my e-mails regarding a purchase I'd take my business elsewhere.

There are other vendors (and site sponsors) who sell a product at least equal, and in my opinion, a bit beter that are willing to take your money without you having to beg for your product.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:58 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I can understand your guys frustration.. I had wait a little while for my maxtronic but not an unreasonable amount of time, and now my car runs better the new

FWIW, I never had any luck getting him thru email.. when I need to get ahold of him I call the 877 number and he picks up 9/10 times. So I suggest if you guys are emailling him and not calling him.. try callin!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
chrly924s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my my chips last fall and after 2 weeks I emailed to ask how they were coming along. He said they had been shipped the week before. Said he would send out another set as they may have gotten 'lost' in the mail. the second set never showed either. I finally got the third set he 'shipped' to me after a month. (He did refund 1/2 my money) I finally got the chips installed and it's almost undrivable in traffic; does great as long as you don't use any trailing throttle; it bucks REAL bad. All of the usual 'issues' were corrected and the original chips ran great, just not as much power as the Max951.
I sought help on this forum, but no oneelse seemed to be having these problems at the time. So I contacted Russell and explained my situation; I just wanted to know what I was doing wrong. He said it might be the chips and would send me out some more. Three months went by with three more email conversations w/Russell and always he was sending me out a new set (his mother had been sick, he was moving, his programer had died......) He suggested finally that maybe I needed to adjust my TPS, but he would send out some new chips that day. I bought and installed a new TPS after adjusting did no good w/the old one; same problems.
That was over a month ago and I am done w/Russell Berry. I have taken the Max951 chips out and they are in my tool box next to my Splitfire sparkplugs, my Tornado, and the cow magnet fuel enhancers. My car is back to normal.
NO MAS!! NO MAS!!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Default Here I am

Hey guys,

I'm not going to sit here and give you a long line of excuses. Everyone has already mentioned some of the stuff going on in my life, but that's not your guy's problems. I am still committed to the business and the support thereof. I do travel back and forth to NY a LOT now to visit my son, and have little or no internet connectivity and limited phone access when I am there. As I have stated in the past, my email spam filter is pretty aggressive, and some emails don't get through. The absolute best way to reach me is to call 877-502-2756, if you don't get me, leave a message and I WILL CALL YOU BACK.

Also I'm about to release some new products I've been working on, this will benefit all communities, not just the 944 and 911 stuff I've been working with.

I have not dropped off the planet as some vendors have in the past, and I wish the people here would stop making like comparisons to me. No other vendor has EVER dedicated so much personal time and energy to develop products and services for this community as I have. And I will continue to do so.

I'm sorry I haven't participated on the forums much in the past few months, just have had far too much going on to sit in front of the computer and read the forums, so again, the best way to get me is to call, second best way is to go to the website http://www.maxhpkit.com and under support use the contact form, that circumvents my spam filter, and your email address will be automagically added to the white-list when you use the contact form and your email will then come through.

One last fact, I'm old, I forget things, especially if I have 10 conversations with people while traveling. My typical response time is immediate, so if you have talked to me (whether you made an order or not) and don't hear from me in a day call me back, don't ever worry about calling me too much or bugging me. I have over 700 chip clients now so time gets spread a little thin.

For the few who have had difficulty getting a response from me I sincerely apologize.

Regards,
Russell
Old 06-11-2008, 12:39 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

EDIT - Problem resolved

Last edited by KuHL 951; 06-11-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:53 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
I feel for you. I haven't even finished my rebuild yet and have no idea if my custom chip, MaxTronic will even work. I've been trying to get Maxtune for over 3 months now and no response. It's unfortunate that Russell is having 'personal issues' but if he is not going to respond to emails, be upfront with people, or respond here then his sponsorship should be withdrawn and a flag put next to his name. For a guy that initially came on with such good products, enthusiasm, and support for the 944community he has failed miserably since people have dropped money on him. Without that Maxtune I will never be able to adjust anything on the mapping of the new car.
Steve,

Did you get the email with instructions to set up your maxbyte account for your software and images? If not, call or shoot me an email and I can get that set up for you today.

Regards,
Russell
Old 06-11-2008, 01:17 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rberry951
Steve,

Did you get the email with instructions to set up your maxbyte account for your software and images? If not, call or shoot me an email and I can get that set up for you today.

Regards,
Russell
No I never received an email after I talked to you last time about setting up the account and MaxTune. I also lost contact for awhile dealing with my dads death in February so maybe our wires got crossed somewhere. I'll send you my work email address to make sure your response doesn't get filtered or something.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with Russell, he is doing me a BIG favor by setting up an account for me since I purchased parts of his system from a fellow Rennlister. He setup the account and sent out a Email which went directly into my SPAM folder. I have a Yahoo account and I know his email wasn't flagged by me. Looks like I found out why I wasn't getting Emails from Russell.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can only speak of my own experience with Russell. It has always been a positive experience, both in the product I purchased and in the service I have received.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Russell

Tell us abou tthe new stuff.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kool
Russell

Tell us abou tthe new stuff.
+1

-Rogue
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Have never had issues when calling him and he always sent stuff out promptly. Only good experiences here and will be buying more of his software in the future. As far as Customer service compared to another reputable vendor...I'll leave that alone.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

When I bought my MAF Rusell was a stand up guy to deal with, give him a call!!! he will call you back.

I support Russell Berry.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:24 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Russell got my problem resolved very quickly today, all is well, and I thank him for taking care of it. I had never had any problems before and it turned out to be an email issue between the two of us.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
robinsonracing
Racer

Listen listers, This was not intended to become a Russell bashing thread. I normally call him 877# and he gets back to me very soon if not answer the phone so please don't use this thread to vent about your personal issues.
Thanks
Brian

Quick Reply: Where is Russell Berry??