Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I got a MoTeC

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
hey how did it all pan out you get it all running are you playing with all the smarty features yet .
I had to ask as I'm currently found a good second hand one and going to ask Mote c in the morning if it can be upgraded to the "pro " set up .
It's running perfectly. took advantage of the sequential injector firing. Had an M48 not an M4 So I could only do a wasted spark setup. (i could with more money) It's plenty enough ignition though.
Bought a 60-2 wheel for crank and a Cam sync set up from Chris white. While not a perfect fit, it was plenty close for me to get it right.

used advanced logging and tuning to , of course, tune it.
I have yet to do the "smarter" things with it like run warning lights, modified decel fuel tuning to keep turbo spooled, (too much wear on expensive turbo anyway) calculated spring load using potentiometers, Staging rev limits, launch control, etc. This all takes money with my tuner. My next steps are to "tune" a boost controller through the MoTeC. I can feel the "pulses" from the gain in my current controller. the MoteC can tune that out. I can then do boost by gear, etc. I think that is the next tuning priority as I see those as extremely usefull.
I am currently focused and have one thing in mind. Driving it. Not messing around with too much stuff. I'll get into that in the Spring.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:11 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

yeh i avoided getting motec for ages for that exact reason all the clever stuff seems very addictive but burn's up driving time . But one has just poped up at a price i couldn't refuse so I've joined the elite i should have it stitched up by the end of the week . i think i will go ahead and set up my other EMS on a moronic plug adapter as it seems no one wants it as it as it is and save the motec for the "Special" motor
Old 09-28-2008, 11:22 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
yeh i avoided getting motec for ages for that exact reason all the clever stuff seems very addictive but burn's up driving time . But one has just poped up at a price i couldn't refuse so I've joined the elite i should have it stitched up by the end of the week . i think i will go ahead and set up my other EMS on a moronic plug adapter as it seems no one wants it as it as it is and save the motec for the "Special" motor
Typo?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:42 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

moronic is my own special brand of electronic bits that sit unfinished under the luardry sink .
Motronic please excuse my ongoing spastication
Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 AM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

I just joined the Motec club with my 3.0L track car. In the past I have communicated with both 950NE (bought his old Vitesse setup for another car) and gt37vgt foolishly offered to help with my Motec questions). Please see my new post. Thanks, John

Quick Reply: I got a MoTeC