Vaccum line from hard pipe/turbo advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vaccum line from hard pipe/turbo advice needed

I am looking to run the vaccum line that usually goes from the hardpipe to the wastegate over to the housing on the turbo. I went by the hydraulic supply store and picked up these two banjo bolt setups. Which one would be the best to use? It looks like the inside diameter of the smaller one is about 2mm and the larger one about 4mm. I would like to use the smaller one but am not sure if that allows for a big enough line?

Old 04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

which ever diameter works w/ your hose going to the wastegate i would say- prob the larger of the two. Why are you putting it into the turbo- granted my supra was like this factory.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xsboost90
which ever diameter works w/ your hose going to the wastegate i would say- prob the larger of the two. Why are you putting it into the turbo- granted my supra was like this factory.
Not sure why other than maybe it sends a quicker signal to the wastegate as it is closer to the compressor? I suppose it is only about 8 to 10 inches at most
Old 04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

metering at the intake compensates for pressure loss after the intercooler so its measuring actual boost while at the turbo it will drop the gate open when it measures at the turbo when at the intake it may be a couple lbs less actual boost. My turbo supra i moved the gauge meter to the intake to get a more acurate measurement.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

So you are saying this is probably less desirable? By metering you don't mean you actual boost guage you mean the line to wastegate? Bummer....

Quick Reply: Vaccum line from hard pipe/turbo advice needed