Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So the graph you posted is the reading from your in-car WBO2?
Also, have you verified the TPS is operating correctly?

-Rogue
Old 04-19-2008, 03:25 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboX
Sounds simple stupid but did you ever change the fuel filter and pump? Original Knock Sensor?
brand new Fuel filter. 044 Pmp also new.

Knock sensor is old, but I don't see how it could affect afr. Just timing.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:30 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Doesn't SMT6 give you all that you need? If you don't have one, can't someone lend you theirs?
What i/c do you have just by the way?
3.3 psi, what boost have you been using up to now?
Sure. Have one,(SMT) but as John @ vitesse says. If I have to change it more than 5% then somethings wrong. at it clearly is if the MAF translator is doing its job fine until 3750 and then it goes south. There is clearly an underlying problem.

Since I installe the GT30R. I haven't used anything above 3psi because I knew the tune would be off. But it wa WAY off. So I haven't had the chance to go any higher until this is solved. (4 months of this now)

Generic Precision 3.5' Core. 650hp rated (Kinda funny to me how they rate them) intercooler.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:36 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by fast951
To clear things up: Vitesse just provided the software! The MAF sensor, Injectors, and the rest of the hardware parts were supplied by the customer.
A faulty MAF, Faulty TPS (not reading WOT, seen it when TPS gets hot), faulty ground, faulty fuel pump (if fuel pressure is dropping)..... Bad hose to Fuel Pressure...
Yes. Defintely. Like I said. Probelm has been here BEFORE I bought Vitesse software! NO basing his product at all. I'm bashing my car for giving me problems. possibly myself for not being able t fix this!

but

MAF is brand new original product (not chineese)
TPS is brand new.
Injectors flowed and tested.
Pump has 20 miles on it and ran the car when It wen 123mph in quarter.

FAULTY ground. very possible and having a hell of a time looking for it. I don't think there is a wire I haven't checked for continuity or ohmed out less than three times in that harness.

Fuel pressure solid. Gauge inside car and on FPR. But. Will try another/better hose to Fuel pressure regulator. Sounds viable.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:40 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Geneqco
Were you monitoring fuel pressure when doing the dyno run. If so and that was good, given the intermittent nature and that you've changed other components, sounds like a problem with the injector harness or an injector. I think LR have replacement injector harnesses.
I can't tell you how many times I keep coming back to that. (Checked a million times.) checked for an old sneaky problem of the injector clips where the prongs on the inside become too loose (opening too large for injector pin) and cause intermittent fueling. Not it.

I've replaced all clips and cut wires back to healthy area and wired in new clips. Continuity and Ohmed. Verified haness using all methods. Idles great. runs great. would screw up in just one spot if this was the problem though. have always had resistors and worked perfectly on other set up. Even changed those out just in case.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:44 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by lart951
How much do you want for the car?
At this point. I will sell it to you for about $1 for every hour I've spent on it. parts are free. sooooo. one Miiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllion dollars. !

I'm a little stubborn. I'm not going tostop until I figure this out.
beleive it or not. I appreciate a parachute option like yours. but not this time.
thanks anyway~!

Oh yeah, I sent you an e-mail for those parts. A day late. But I still want them!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:50 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
So the graph you posted is the reading from your in-car WBO2?
Also, have you verified the TPS is operating correctly?

-Rogue
Mine and the one the Dyno has. both verified the same. I did four runs and they were all exactly the same.

THANKS GUYS. I've been working so hard for a while now to find this gremlin. I've covered so much ground in my investigation that I know there's not much left. I really am just looking for pitty at this point. It's pathetic, but it makes me feel better. It helps me step back, and gain energy later to try and fix it.

I'm completely re-wirig the Fuel side of things on the harness now. It checked out fine, but what the hell. I'll try the hose Sunday. I'll let ya know.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:08 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE
FAULTY ground. very possible and having a hell of a time looking for it. I don't think there is a wire I haven't checked for continuity or ohmed out less than three times in that harness.
If you are looking for a bad connection you need to check for voltage drop, ohming it out checks open circuit resistance, doesnt tell you how the circuit is when amperage is applied.

Mark
Old 04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by marky522
If you are looking for a bad connection you need to check for voltage drop, ohming it out checks open circuit resistance, doesnt tell you how the circuit is when amperage is applied.

Mark
the trick would be to do it on stuff while acclerating past 3750. Then to know which wires to check. too difficult.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's a pattern... works for five minutes etc could it be your injector driver is getting too hot and playing up? Just a thought.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:04 PM
zoltan944
Three Wheelin'

Im still confused on this whole thing.
Can you explain what you did at the dyno? When did you let off the gas?
Looking at the graph you posted you hit 3psi at 3k rpm and everything kinda goes flat. Obviously when you let off the throttle it should go really lean, so it makes it unclear when you let of the gas on the dyno. WHAT A/F did you see when you decided to take your foot off?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 PM
zoltan944
Three Wheelin'

also what is your wastegate spring rating? (the lowest boost setting) also what kind of wastegate do you have?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 AM
AlexE
Pro

Option 1. Uhmm since you seem to be enjoying throwing money at the problem. I think you can get a new/aftermarket harness for around 6-7 hundred.....

Option 2. Sell all those parts you bought and pick yourself up a new stand alone and call it a day.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexE
Option 1. Uhmm since you seem to be enjoying throwing money at the problem. I think you can get a new/aftermarket harness for around 6-7 hundred.....
Got a link?

-Rogue
Old 04-20-2008, 01:50 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Geneqco
If it's a pattern... works for five minutes etc could it be your injector driver is getting too hot and playing up? Just a thought.
My last guesses are

1. Something wrong with all or one of the injectrs somehow
2. injector driver is going bad for some reason.
3. could be the resistors screwing up the drivers.

Quick Reply: No horspower trophy's today