Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

No horspower trophy's today

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 04:02 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD47
Stock wiring is absolute crap (22 years later), many many cracked connections shorting inside connectors. Replace it and go standalone, it will alleviate your problems.

-M
Replaced every connector. Wiring harnes is basicaly one I made out of the stock one. Replaced every sensor.

I've just never failed like this before. I don't understand it and it frustrates me.
The problem went completely away when I finished replacing everything.

I took it for a drive yesterday. It showed back up again out of nowhere. I haven't been that angry in a while. i was so damn excited to get this thing on a track. I guess I got my hopes up pretty far this time and took a fall when it didn't work. It's getting close to being down for 9 months. I'm being fairly patient and working many hours to fix it. (way more money than I wanted.)

I have been dying to try out the Vitesse Software that's in it,but it's just not letting me ever get to see it.
I'm still angry. I know I need to stand back for a bit first. I feel like doing something rash. punching the car is one them.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tms951
I would rather use the 044 but from what I have heard it is just not enough. I still love the car and have no interest in selling it, not to mention the huge loss I would take if I did. The car needs a ton of work to get on the track again (it needs the front wheels widened, new track tires all new bushings everywhere, oil pan resealed, and the tuning and fuel system) and I just don't feel like dumping that money into right now, so its on hold. I will do the tuning and the fuel system this year and take it to the drag strip and do everything else over next fall winter.

Lack of chioce. I have basicly maxxed my 83 at a touch over 400whp, they have a little left in them, siemens top out at 96. There are a couple 120s out there but I feel thier quality/ performance is sub par, which leaves me with the bosch 160 cng injectors.

83 lbs injectors @45 psi static FP , is good for 530 whp on a 7000 rpm engine

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Replaced every connector. Wiring harnes is basicaly one I made out of the stock one. Replaced every sensor.

I've just never failed like this before. I don't understand it and it frustrates me.

I took it for a drive yesterday. It showed back up again out of nowhere. I haven't been that angry in a while. i was so damn excited to get this thing on a track. I guess I got my hopes up pretty far this time and took a fall when it didn't work. It's getting close to being down for 9 months. I'm being fairly patient and working many hours to fix it. (way more money than I wanted.)

I have been dying to try out the Vitesse Software that's in it,but it's just not letting me ever get to see it.
I'm still angry. I know I need to stand back for a bit first. I feel like doing something rash. punching the car is one them.

Check to make sure your ignition coil is not failing ......................
Old 05-11-2008, 04:40 PM
95ONE
Race Car

I'm at the point where I have tunnel Vision. I forgot that one. Thank you for that.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:23 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95ONE

I know exactly how you feel, been there myself with the 951. Can we get a complete list/pics of your setup/what you've done? Maybe a fresh pair of eyes on the list can catch something you may have forgotten.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:16 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by MPD47
I know exactly how you feel, been there myself with the 951. Can we get a complete list/pics of your setup/what you've done? Maybe a fresh pair of eyes on the list can catch something you may have forgotten.
Huge list. Engine Only

Deleted.

Idle air controller.
Cyclic Valve.
AFM

Replaced.

All sensors brand new:
Coolant / TPS / MASS air / intake Temp / Speed and Reference / Knock / Using Innovative O2 with Narrowband simulator wire sending info to DME. (Checked out fine and Calibrated)
All connectors - tested too many times.
Connectors brand new to :
Injectors / coolant temps /Knock/Mass Air-Temp/ TPSconnector re-pinned

New battery Postive and negative wires.
All Wires to Injectors replaced. and double checked.
New Lindsey Speed and Reference lines
All wires checked and re-checked continuity and resistance.

New Cap / Rotor/ Wires / plugs.
Newer ECU. (Two other ECU's checked out and still did same symptom with both)

Zero Vacuum leaks checked and re-checked. Very good seal everywhere.
only Three Vacuum ports from manifold. Brake booster. One to Ecu, One to Boost controller, Fuel, Blowoff. No others. All else deleted. (And the much needed line from Turbo to bottom of wastegate)

Vitesse Software.

880cc injectors. Lindsey fuel rail. Mad my own fuel lines using summit fittings nd lines. 044 Fuel pump. Fuel Pressure Rock solid all through run. No loss of pressure. Not the problem.

TPS set at proper setting for idle and so forth. DME getting full load signal at full throttle. Tested as per manual from Brian Broderick.

What else?

Great compression all across with great leakdown test results.

New coil to test tomorrow with Double checking new speed and reference sensor clearances to .8mm.

Last edited by 95ONE; 05-12-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried a different WB02 sensor and control unit?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 AM
95ONE
Race Car

I have three sets at the shop. All Innovative. Tried all three.
But this is an open loop problem. Should have nothing to do with O2

Quick Reply: No horspower trophy's today