Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Looking for

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008 | 01:15 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for

larger IC pipes to go with a stock airbox or larger turbo to hardpipe hose any suggestions?

Last edited by jasonlp; 04-02-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2008 | 01:26 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see how they could be much bigger and still fit with a stealth setup. How's your turbo install going? Any pictures? I'd like to see that snorkle.
Old 04-02-2008 | 01:31 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Instal is in the home stretch, turbo is in just had to hunt around for a longer long bolt for center housing of garret and still have to put in injectors smt6 wideband and exhaust. The snorkle hasn't happened yet, my car needs to be rolling to get to my buddys custom fab shop

All that boost running through that little rubber pipe kinda bums me out

Last edited by jasonlp; 04-02-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2008 | 04:26 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

I know what you mean, but it might not be as much of a problem as you think. I was at a local shop recently looking at a 2.8l 951 that they installed a Pauerhaus K27 on, and that rubber pipe was kinked/pinched so badly I couldn't believe there was any air getting through it at all. I asked the tech working on it about it and he said it must not be a problem because the car was almost too fast to keep good traction anyway. It also had stock I/C pipes. BTW I'm in Montreal this week, it's too damn cold here
Old 04-02-2008 | 04:30 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kevincnc
I know what you mean, but it might not be as much of a problem as you think. I was at a local shop recently looking at a 2.8l 951 that they installed a Pauerhaus K27 on, and that rubber pipe was kinked/pinched so badly I couldn't believe there was any air getting through it at all. I asked the tech working on it about it and he said it must not be a problem because the car was almost too fast to keep good traction anyway. It also had stock I/C pipes. BTW I'm in Montreal this week, it's too damn cold here
I'm just going to replace mine with stock as mine is as hard as rock. What are you here for?
Old 04-02-2008 | 04:34 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jasonlp
I'm just going to replace mine with stock as mine is as hard as rock. What are you here for?
To hide out from having to paint his spec car this weekend........
Old 04-02-2008 | 04:36 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
To hide out from having to paint his spec car this weekend........

This weekend it will be 53 54 not bad =) and beats the pheonix heat
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:04 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

I'm in St. Timothy installing a machine, our technicians are spread pretty thin these days. I actually got done early and have nothing to do tonight or tomorrow except looking at Rennlist. Good thing I started drinking again.

I'll be there on Saturday to paint, Mr Himsel. I think Don wants to come over to do his steering rack, and see what he's in for when he gets around to buying a new fender.
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:22 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be there on Saturday to paint, Mr Himsel.
Have fun on Saturday. I will be at Firebird east racing the spec car. I have my eyes on you two... Hey maybe I will even see you guys out at the track sometime.
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:25 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

I'll be there on Saturday to paint, Mr Himsel
...what if Mr. Himsel doesn't WANT to be painted...?

Keef
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:26 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

I'm in St. Timothy installing a machine, our technicians are spread pretty thin these days. I actually got done early and have nothing to do tonight or tomorrow except looking at Rennlist. Good thing I started drinking again.

I'll be there on Saturday to paint, Mr Himsel. I think Don wants to come over to do his steering rack, and see what he's in for when he gets around to buying a new fender.
Get outside if your in montreal. I wont be able to join you this trip but I sure can point you in the direction of some good stuff if no one hasn't already
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:32 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M758
Have fun on Saturday. I will be at Firebird east racing the spec car. I have my eyes on you two... Hey maybe I will even see you guys out at the track sometime.
I'll be out a the next NASA event (I believe it's the last for a while). If you want to see the spec car out there.......you may have wait until your SS kicks in.
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:36 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Saturday won't be a good day for the rack at all since he'sll have to work outside and will get no help because of the painting process. Tell him to save it for the following week. Greasy PS fluid soaked hands + fresh paint = Bad Maco job.
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:44 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Good luck racing Joe, we'll see you out there one of these days, blinding everyone with bright yellow.

Now that we've stolen your thread Jason, what would you suggest for a couple of hours tomorrow?
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:47 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

What time, what part of the city

Quick Reply: Looking for