Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New improved GTS headlight kit in the pipeline

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
stv951
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I guess these are made for 951 shaped light covers, right ?
Also, would they have the black strip on the top side (closer to the bonnet) ?
Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Jerad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance you'll be making these for the NA headlights?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:00 PM
951rs
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first version that we are currently developping will be made for 951's and 944 S2's only.

If there also is a market for a high-quality product for the 924 and 944I/II NA models we will probably also develop a kit for these.

The covers will feature a durable black lining all around which we will precisely apply so that the covers will look very clean. I can already guarantee now that this kit will not look ricey at all but very authentic and even more precisely fitting than the OEM units...check the below picture of a genuine 924 Carrera GTS. The GTS headlight units seem to fit quite nicely when seen from the front..

Name:  DSC00006.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  41.7 KB

this then is heavily put into perspective when looking from behind, the covers stand out quite a lot...

Name:  DSC00009-1.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  38.9 KB

Cheers
Beni
Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Beni, the 2nd picture illustrates just what I meant in our emails re the attachment of the lens to the bucket.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:17 PM
future
Banned

Hi Patrick, now I understand exactly what you were talking about during our email exchanges

I'd never seen any pictures of the oem 924 GTS lights before - Only wish Beni had sent me the above pics of the white car in question.

Having said that, now that Beni has sent me the new prototype Lexan covers, I possible have a better idea for fitment and adjustment.

For those who are not acquaint with the original kit. It used screws which were visible which screwed directly into the FRP buckets - This posed several engineering problems and to me were not in any shape or form astatically pleasing. (see picture below)

Above Pic ... Also notice the straight hard edge of the lexan cover bend which was not true to the oem steal covers - This is now rectified and in the event that anybody damaged a cover from a stone chip etc we will hold spare covers in stock for instant replacement shipping.

Obviously the pictures of the covers which Beni has attached on page 1 do not feature the black masked surround which I have now sorted.

Hopefully next week I will be in a position to travel down to our workshop and start work on the FRP and CF bucket options including the revised engineering of the mounting brackets which were far to over complicated offered with the MK1 kit.

Anyway, as Beni has promised I will now turn my attention this week to finalizing the euro bumper group buy which I apologies for the delay on

Back the the GTS kit ... And the great news is due to the fact of how light they are and the small package size then shipping to every country will not dent the bank
Old 03-24-2008, 09:22 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

So you are working on them from England? Or Switzerland?

I'm still a bit confused why it's not being sold in GBP or Francs..

Keep in mind I buy "stuff" for a living around the world so it's my job to ask these questions. Nonetheless I'm still interested..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
future
Banned

To answer your question, I (Mark) am based in the UK - Cheshire (Nr Manchester) and Beni is located in Zurich, Switzerland.

We set up our business in Switzerland to where it is registered as a GmbH or (Ltd as it would be refered to in the UK).

The reason for Switzerland is as follows:

#1 - Vat in the UK is 17.5% ... but only 7.6% in Switzerland.
#2 - We trade in Euro's because it is the most flexable currency for us to work with as 99% of our customers are international based.
#3 - Switzerland is a tax haven which suits me as I have other business interests and investments in the UK.
#4 - Shipping internationally is cheaper from Switzerland.
#5 - I like a new challenge
#6 - The Euro currency is not anything like as strong as the UK Pound helping keep us competitive when dealing with the dreaded exchange rate

So thanks for raising this question and I hape I've answered to the best of my ability
Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by future
To answer your question, I (Mark) am based in the UK - Cheshire (Nr Manchester) and Beni is located in Zurich, Switzerland.

We set up our business in Switzerland to where it is registered as a GmbH or (Ltd as it would be refered to in the UK).

The reason for Switzerland is as follows:

#1 - Vat in the UK is 17.5% ... but only 7.6% in Switzerland.
#2 - We trade in Euro's because it is the most flexable currency for us to work with as 99% of our customers are international based.
#3 - Switzerland is a tax haven which suits me as I have other business interests and investments in the UK.
#4 - Shipping internationally is cheaper from Switzerland.
#5 - I like a new challenge
#6 - The Euro currency is not anything like as strong as the UK Pound helping keep us competitive when dealing with the dreaded exchange rate

So thanks for raising this question and I hape I've answered to the best of my ability
Thanks.

I'm still pissed because the exchange rate is dominating us right now..

Your product looks very well done, and hopefully we can get enough volume through RL to drive costs down a bit and offset some of the foreign exchange implications..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
future
Banned

Yes you are right the US Dollar against the UK pound has been a real bummer for some time now and the issues you are riding out in the US over the sub-prime housing market is mainly to blame - Great for us but Bad for you guys ... but I'm sure the table will turn as historically they always do.

Regarding Shipping, YES we will provide incredible deals sometimes at a loss to us and on some products we are going to promote we will ship for free so watch this space.

Even for me in the UK the Euro is becoming strong and I feel very sorry for other UK residents who have recently purchased property in the like of Spain etc as they are now being hit very hard when trying to find the extra monies for home repayments etc.

Beni's day-to-day job is working in Banking with UBS so his business knowledge and help is something our businesscan pass onto all – So if you want a prestigious Swiss bank account you know who to speak to!?!

My Day-to-Day business is running a marketing company called 'yes you've guessed it - FUTURE'

Deutsch Nine International GmbH is a company with one focus - To drive down the marquees ownership for all Porsche enthusiasts... To this effect we have a lot in the pipeline which will cover all models run on a cooperative business unlike any other basis i.e. we all buy together - we all save ... but more of this will come later… We need to walk before we can run.

Over the years I've owned many Porsche models but by far my favorite are the transaxle models so this will always remain our focus. Beni on the other hand has owned his 951 since he passed his test and has vowed never to sell as these cars have so much to offer especially when incorporating new technology.

The proof of this is that throughout Europe and the UK transaxle cars seem to dominate track days along with a handful of Lotus and BMW's.

But we have noticed that most of these owners also own a newer Porsche as a daily driver... I've recently acquired a black 996 TT but I have to admit I'd rather get behind the wheel of my transaxle any day of the week
Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in. Let me know when. And if you take PayPal.

One suggestion though... make the lights adjustable from the rear rather than from the front. That way you don't have to remove the clear covers to adjust.

TonyG
Old 03-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be in
Old 03-25-2008, 03:16 AM
future
Banned

Tony, to answer your question about adjustment, yes the lights will be fully adjustable from the rear as they were on the MK1 version meaning the lids do not need to be removed.

The light units are mounted on springs (x4 per unit) what have a threaded bolt running through them allowing the tightening or unscrewing of each to provide for perfect alignment (similar to that featured on OEM lights).

The new kits FRP or CF buckets will this time be designed to retro fit both LHD and RHD - The old MK1 version was only designed for LHD limiting market appeal both here in the UK and over in Australia.

I do not see us having an issue with developing this kit for the 924 and N/A cars which will be relatively simple but we will probably only do these in FRP to help keep costs down.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:32 AM
future
Banned

DFASTEST951 – The HID kits supplied by ultrabrightlights.com (McCulloch) are very good and the 5000K Conversion Kit will fit our new light kit and for $140 USD would prove to be a great street upgrade.

I will purchase a set of these and test them out to make sure that the extra heat build-up inside the buckets will not affect the Lexan covers. This should not be an issue even though we are now going to be using 2mm gauge Lexan over 3mm as per the old kit – Again purely to save weight BUT more importantly to allow us to manufacture the covers perfectly following the lines of the oem steal lids.

Here is a great link I found demonstrating the light displacement from a HID conversion, it’s very impressive but this is not an option any track/race projects will require: http://www.houseofthud.com/cartech/hids/hids-final.html
Old 03-25-2008, 04:08 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Current Euro/Dollar situation is quite bad for you guys in USA, it's great for us europeans who buy Porsche parts. It's odd, but normal Porsche service parts are cheaper in the States even tough we have to pay for freight, customs fee etc.

Beni's & Mark's GTS light kit seems to be the first one which actually fit as it should. The only thing i would like to have is some other light equipment instead of that very 80's rectangular one...
Here's a Finnish 951 with US made GTS lights. Fitment could be better.

Name:  Jyrki1.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  49.6 KB
Name:  Jyrki2.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  44.9 KB
Name:  Jyrki5.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  24.8 KB
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanm6100
Thanks.

I'm still pissed because the exchange rate is dominating us right now..

Your product looks very well done, and hopefully we can get enough volume through RL to drive costs down a bit and offset some of the foreign exchange implications..
You're pissed? Try living down here. We get hammered from all directions yet have a strong economy. We are nearly .95c to your dollar yet to buy eg a 997 tt we pay over $350k!!!
Now do you feel a little better? lol

Quick Reply: New improved GTS headlight kit in the pipeline