Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Brake dust remover for the lazy.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:03 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cup 1's easiest? Nah. Turbo Twists are!

I clean my twists after every drive. It's a very easy process that takes maybe 6-8 minutes.

The starter is to lay a GOOD coat of wax on the wheels. This will put a barrier between your paint, and the dust. Then, everytime afterwords, grab your old microfiber towel and wipe them down. Occasionally, you will have to re-wax them (I wax my wheels more then my car, as they see more abuse- brake dust).

My newest trick I learned was to use meguiars quick detail spray. Spray it on, and the brake dust literally lifts on and begins to run down the wheel. Then grab your rag and wipe up all of mess.

Perfect wheels, every time.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:04 PM
PEvans
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Cup 1's easiest? Nah. Turbo Twists are!

I clean my twists after every drive. It's a very easy process that takes maybe 6-8 minutes.

The starter is to lay a GOOD coat of wax on the wheels. This will put a barrier between your paint, and the dust. Then, everytime afterwords, grab your old microfiber towel and wipe them down. Occasionally, you will have to re-wax them (I wax my wheels more then my car, as they see more abuse- brake dust).

My newest trick I learned was to use meguiars quick detail spray. Spray it on, and the brake dust literally lifts on and begins to run down the wheel. Then grab your rag and wipe up all of mess.

Perfect wheels, every time.
Do you have a trick for wiping down the inside of the front under the brake caliper? Or does your hand fit?
Old 03-15-2008, 06:49 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just roll the car forward roughly 6 inches.

If you can't do this, wet a towel, then fish it behind the spoke and pull with each hand at alternating times, and go up and down the spoke. Pull the towel out, flip it to a clean part, then repeat.

I don't clean the back of my spokes though. I just clean the faces of the wheels. I take my wheels off about every month to month and a half, so the the build up on the insides really doesn't get too bad. This is when I scrub the back of the spokes.

Quick Reply: Brake dust remover for the lazy.