Lindsey Baffle Kit: Verify Install w/ pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I'd want to spend a little time cleaning out that pan before assembling. Not to be preachy, but all the internally lubricated parts should be as free from debris and gunk as humanly possible. Grime is the enemy.
Tom, I worked pretty hard to get it that clean. I doubt I will clean it more. I just don't have the steam or enough care left. This is probably something I should have sent to the machine shop to be steam cleaned or dipped, but I didn't go that route because all I want to do is make sure it is clean enough to see if there are leaks. If it will survive the way it is, I am going to leave it. Most of the remaining is staining that I couldn't get out.

Here is what the engine looked like when I pulled it out two years ago.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=11
Old 03-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

It's always hard to tell from pictures. If the metal is just stained, then I'm sure you're fine. No need to inflict my OCD on others.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
It's always hard to tell from pictures. If the metal is just stained, then I'm sure you're fine. No need to inflict my OCD on others.
Yeah, I am not sure if you are an engineer like I am. I have already been made fun of for cleaning so much to be honest. I just need to know when it is leaking, honestly. Seems funny, but that is the motivation.

3-5 seasons and I give this to my pops to use as his DE car as he gets older. I will probably build a spec boxster or something similar for W2W at that point.

Quick Reply: Lindsey Baffle Kit: Verify Install w/ pictures