Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New rear coil over option

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the prices listed are for front or rear pairs.

I have this setup on two cars, both SCCA racers. Double adjustable fronts, coilover rears (minus torsion bars) in the 951. Single adjustable fronts and non-coilover rears (with 30 mm tb) in the S2.

Based on my experience, this is a very effective, low cost setup for the track because it is based on true racing Koni struts and shock absorbers and not reworked street pieces. For the front, GC uses the Koni 8611 (double adjust) or the Koni 8610 (single adjust) struts inside their own custom built housing. Also, there are three or so valving rates to choose from based on spring rates. For the rear they use the Koni 30 Series with or without the coilover kit.

Like most budget setups, this is a compromise. The rears are only three-position adjustable and difficult to adjust on the car. Also, the right rear coilover will interfere with the tranny cooler if the car has one. For the 951 we had to go back and forth a couple of times until they got it (about) right. I ended up altering the bottoms of the struts to allow for better access to the bump adjustment screw. For the S2 all pieces went on fine right out of the box.

GC’s customer service leaves something to be desired. They tend to get busy at times and fall behind schedule, not return call or emails, especially during racing season. They do however deliver eventually.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
flosho
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe someone should contact them about doing a group buy? I mean 650 + shipping for rear coilovers.. I'm all over that.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha I was looking at this the other day and was wondering why nobody had ever talked about it.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

anybody using their front coilovers? I'd like to know how they compare to the other kits out for our cars (bilstein, KW, ect.)
Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 AM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

"This is a COMPLETE strut assembly"

This is for sure a pair, not just A complete strut assembly???

Quick Reply: New rear coil over option