Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Camshaft bearing sticker part number?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Camshaft bearing sticker part number?

I'm replacing the OE stickers that are missing in the engine compartment of both my cars and my dealer parts counter tech can't find the tiny yellow "1-2-3-4" sticker on the 951 camshaft bearing.

Anyone have the part number? TIA

(Engine pic is of KevinCNC's car, not mine)
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, I though that picture looked familiar. I also wouldn't mind getting a spare of that sticker and any others if the're available. Did you find the yellow sticker on the I/C pipe?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

is it stupid that i thought about putting the intercooler sticker on my lindsey pipe?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:51 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Hmm, I though that picture looked familiar. I also wouldn't mind getting a spare of that sticker and any others if the're available. Did you find the yellow sticker on the I/C pipe?
Matter of fact, I did. But it was easy to order from the dealer, since the part number is printed on the sticker: 944.006.121.00. Comes in packets of 5 for around $5 per sticker.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:46 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Matter of fact, I did. But it was easy to order from the dealer, since the part number is printed on the sticker: 944.006.121.00. Comes in packets of 5 for around $5 per sticker.
Yep I didn't notice the number, thanks. Here's a bump for you.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:53 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Whats the yellow sticker on the intercooler reference? Its been so long I cant even remember...

Id def like the small 1-2-3-4 sticker as well.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:03 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

It's a reminder to bleed the air when you fill the cooling system.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

ahh, thanks Kevin
Old 02-21-2008, 04:47 AM
tommye
Instructor

Luis,
+1, looking for that sticker too....
How's the detailing going ?

Kevin, your engine looks just great! Very impressive, especially when you compare to what it looked like before....

Now, if I just could find a NOS coolant reservoir with the old style pattern on the top....;-)

Cheers,
Tommy
Old 02-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tommye
Luis,
+1, looking for that sticker too....
How's the detailing going ?

Kevin, your engine looks just great! Very impressive, especially when you compare to what it looked like before....

Now, if I just could find a NOS coolant reservoir with the old style pattern on the top....;-)

Cheers,
Tommy
Hi Tommy. I think Kevin's restoration project has been an inspiration for many of us!

Mine has going slowly, but one step at a time. I kind of like it that way because it makes it more of a hobby and less of a chore. Like I told you over the phone, getting that old insulation and glue off the hood was a big step forward in keeping the engine clean without that crumbling brown foam sloughing off all the time. And Kevin, I finally gave in and bought a new expansion tank...

As for NOS, I'm afraid that's wishful thinking when you're nitpicking with dealer parts, since their only means of ordering is the PET part number which doesn't specify manufacturer or date. I just got a set of new blinker lenses from the dealer for my 951 that were mismatched. One was the standard BOSCH unit for the USA cars with the DOT code so I sent it back, and the other was the new Czech version with the E1 code for Europe that I can live with.

Neither was the original BOSCH unit with the E1 code my car has had from new. The parts manager explained that there was no way to specify the part version, but I sent the US one back in hope that they'll send the new European version, since that US part was clearly NOS.

I guess the only way you can get NOS "on demand" is if you're lucky enough to find a dealer that stocks enough 944 parts to compare! Unfortunately for me, 90% of what I buy has to be special ordered from Germany.

Quick Reply: Camshaft bearing sticker part number?